Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Halo: Reach: made $200 million
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Halo: Reach: made $200 million

We're going to come to the visuals plateau soon enough, where the game just can't look any better. Then the multiplayer-driven games can't just iterate every 8 months with more polygons and bumpier bump-mapping, but will actually have to present something new.

I hope that at that time, the market for those slick but bland Bruckheimer/Michael Bay games will drop, if for no other reason than the player doesn't need to upgrade as often, which will leave more money in the system for single-player games and for better games.
10-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Find
Lenny Offline

Threads: 0

The popularity of Halo and Modern Warefare is mindblowing when you look at the products.

Halo is rater bland and average and Modern Warfare really gets me with its uncompetitive multiplayer with levelups and computer-controlled hazards.

I've fragged countless people over the years in Doom2, Unreal Tournament, Quake, Duke Nukem, Far Cry and whatnot but after MW2 came out its pointless to even go to a weekend mini-LAN with friends anymore.
10-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Find
vikeyev Offline

(10-16-2010, 03:22 PM)Lenny Wrote: The popularity of Halo and Modern Warefare is mindblowing when you look at the products.

Halo is rater bland and average and Modern Warfare really gets me with its uncompetitive multiplayer with levelups and computer-controlled hazards.

I've fragged countless people over the years in Doom2, Unreal Tournament, Quake, Duke Nukem, Far Cry and whatnot but after MW2 came out its pointless to even go to a weekend mini-LAN with friends anymore.

Don't forget the fact that even the pc version doesn't have dedicated servers meaning good old host advantage. I thought those days were over, console gamers really need to raise their standards seriously, they are living in the stone age of multiplayer gaming.

MOBO: Asus M4A87TD/USB3
CPU: AMD Athlon II x2 245
GPU: Radeon HD5770
RAM: Corsair VS2GB1333D3 2GB (1333MHz) DDR3 RAM, Non ECC Unbuffered, 9-9-9-24, 1.5V
PSU: 600 watt shark
HDD: West Gate 1TB 7200RPM SATA2
10-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

(10-16-2010, 03:22 PM)Lenny Wrote: I've fragged countless people over the years in Doom2, Unreal Tournament, Quake, Duke Nukem, Far Cry and whatnot but after MW2 came out its pointless to even go to a weekend mini-LAN with friends anymore.

They haven't, like, outlawed UT and Diablo 2, you know. Your friends are still allowed to play them.
10-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Find
Lenny Offline

Threads: 0

(10-16-2010, 08:25 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote:
(10-16-2010, 03:22 PM)Lenny Wrote: I've fragged countless people over the years in Doom2, Unreal Tournament, Quake, Duke Nukem, Far Cry and whatnot but after MW2 came out its pointless to even go to a weekend mini-LAN with friends anymore.

They haven't, like, outlawed UT and Diablo 2, you know. Your friends are still allowed to play them.

The problem is MW2 is like WoW a few years ago now that they've added leveling up and unlocks and shit, its just another demographic.
Both games tend to make addicted one dimensinal gamers that are not very interested in any thing else that is going on with gaming.

It's almost impossible to get any of these people, even old friends, to play anything besides MW2 now that they're all leveled up and what not.

Soon the annual skinpack and mappack with new subtitle is gonna come out and they are all gonna buy the same game again and rave about it like its the second (third, seventh ?)comming of jesus.
10-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Find