Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with lighting
Soon Offline

Threads: 11
Problem with lighting

I've been trying to get a light source to start inactive, then become active by a trigger / area. My script is fine, I'm pretty sure. The problem is that the light starts lit, even when it is set as inactive. Just to clarify, I do mean an actual light, not the lamp entities. I know that set entity active works for turning those lights off, but why is it that I can't seem to have the light start off, then turned on?

It just seems that the light ALWAYS starts active, even if it's not set to. In the editor the light source is clearly not showing up. But in game and in mapview the light source starts on.

On a side note, I've been having problems with monsters spawning facing in the wrong direction. I want them to face a certain way, like how I placed them in the editor, but they spawn in facing a different direction when I set them active.
09-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Find
Soon Offline

RE: Problem with lighting(Nevermind! FIXED)

Cancel that... wow I can't believe I made that stupid of a mistake... SetLightVisible is where its at... ROFL!
Also, i fixed the issue with the monsters too, just have to not rotate them when placing them Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2010, 11:08 PM by Soon.)
09-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Find
Equil Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Problem with lighting

I was having this issue too, thanks xD But I also want the light to become active along with some billboards, I can't seem to find a specific function for billboards though. Confused Any ideas? SetEntityActive doesn't seem to work with them either.
09-28-2010, 07:03 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

You connect the billboards to a light in the level editor, then when you fade the light the billboards will fade with the light.
09-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Website Find
Soon Offline

Oh, so I guess I was wrong with the monster rotation bit. They never seem to face the way I want them to the second I activate them. They always have this awkward reposition phase when they become activated and start moving towards their pathnode.
09-29-2010, 04:00 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Do you give them their pathnodes in the script before or after you activate them? If after move the script for adding pathnodes to before you set the entity active.
09-29-2010, 06:09 AM
Website Find
Soon Offline

Ah, I was doing it after. Thanks Jens. While we're at it, I have a new problem!

I've been having trouble with the static object decal pool of water. I've tried both 01 and 02 and neither will show up when I load the map. I've played around with positioning and everything, they just won't show up. I pulled up the old archives map to look at what you guys did with your pool of water, and it appeared that it was nothing special other than placing it. I'm at a loss.. thoughts?
After further testing, it seems none of these static object decals are working.
The blood alchemy decals work, but the chalk alchemy decals won't work for me.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2010, 07:26 AM by Soon.)
09-29-2010, 07:14 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

See here I think:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4822.html
09-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Website Find
Soon Offline

That fixed it. Thanks again. Now a new problem with the static decals. I've noticed that you can see them no matter how far away you are in pitch blackness. It's like they glow with a faint light white. Is there any way to change that?
More specifically it's the pool of water and the sewer fungi objects.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2010, 02:55 PM by Soon.)
09-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Find