Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing Levels
HakePT Offline

Threads: 1
Testing Levels

I was wondering what is the best way to test the levels your making and how you do it.

I generally use the map view for testing physics and see how it comes out and run the game when i need to test scripts or the atmosphere a certain room has.

This generally brings a problem, I don't know why but some decals and even parts of the level don't appear when i run the game. They do in the level editor and in the map view, so I really don't know the reason.
Its the same save file checked about 5 times Tongue

The weirdest thing that happened was i spent about 30min in the editor making a corridor and when i went to the game to see if it was spooky enough i opened the door (boy it sure is dark!) and fell because there was no corridor.
Managed to make it appear after but dunno how. I just made the following room and it appeared.
09-29-2010, 01:24 AM
Find
nickTs Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Testing Levels

Had the same problem with certain things not showing up in-game, but I deleted the map cache and all was good. As for the best way to test your maps, try following this guide http://hpl2.frictionalgames.com/amnesia:devenvguide
09-29-2010, 03:28 AM
Find
HakePT Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Testing Levels

(09-29-2010, 03:28 AM)nickTs Wrote: Had the same problem with certain things not showing up in-game, but I deleted the map cache and all was good. As for the best way to test your maps, try following this guide http://hpl2.frictionalgames.com/amnesia:devenvguide

"4. If Amnesia is 1.0.1 or above, you must set ForceCacheLoadingAndSkipSaving=“false” main_settings.cfg, or else map changes will not show!"

Note to self: Read tutorials!!!!!

Thanks for the help Big Grin
09-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Find