Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rising Water
SLi78 Offline

Threads: 6
Rising Water

Hi there,

here is my problem. I have a room with a closed door.

When the player us a lever a stream of water is coming out of a tube.

That all works fine, but now my problem.

I've tried a simple plane with a water material set on the floor, after using the lever, i start a timer

void WaterRiseFunc(string &in asTimer)
{
    AddBodyForce("Plane",10000,10000,10000,"");
    AddBodyImpulse("Plane",10000,10000,10000,"");
    AddPropForce("Plane",10000,10000,10000,"");
    AddPropImpulse("Plane",10000,10000,10000,"");
    AddTimer("WaterRise",1,"WaterRiseFunc");
}

so the water should rise.

Of course it doesn't work.Confused

I also have tried the entity "water planes" from the "special" menu.

Again, it doesnt work.

I also have tried values like 50000, nothing.

I've tried to load the "water planes" ent file in the editor and set it to automove, but then the game crashed.

If anyone can help me to rise the water, would be great.
09-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
RE: Rising Water

It's not really possible to do rising water in an easy way. In Penumbra you could do rising water quite easy, but for Amnesia we have not had anything like that so no functionality for it.

You would have to make a special entity that is a move entity and then you would have to use several water areas that are turned on and off as the water rise. That might work, but is quite complicated to make if just beginning with the level editing and scriptoing.
09-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Website Find
SLi78 Offline

Threads: 6

(09-29-2010, 06:59 PM)jens Wrote: It's not really possible to do rising water in an easy way. In Penumbra you could do rising water quite easy, but for Amnesia we have not had anything like that so no functionality for it.

You would have to make a special entity that is a move entity and then you would have to use several water areas that are turned on and off as the water rise. That might work, but is quite complicated to make if just beginning with the level editing and scriptoing.
Hm, ok i think i'll try.
09-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Find
locker Offline

Threads: 1

As far as I get it RotatePropToSpeed(...) ; rotates a prop. Rotation could be used as translation, especially if you exploit the last parameter <string& asOffsetArea> and use a distant area for the center of rotation.
Never tried that myself and not sure if it will work, just speculation here. Smile
09-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Find
einfrnirdyr Offline

Threads: 7

Is it possible to attach the water as an Object associated with a vertically opening Door?

I've done quite a bit of modding with various LithTech editors and that is the way we would flood rooms: Attach Water Volumes to Door Objects that appear outside of the visible area of the map. When the Door was activated via Trigger (or otherwise), it would rise and the Water Volume would rise and travel with the Door.
09-30-2010, 06:11 AM
Find