Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Biggest scare yet - SPOLIERS
Kilseno Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Biggest scare yet - SPOLIERS

I had a lot of so big scares but as people were speaking about the leaving of prison I've got my story too Big Grin

When I used the acid on the lock and then crushed it with hammer and chipper, I heard this scary monster noise. Not knowing where it came from and not knowing after the gate there is the exit, I just turned off my lantern and crouched in the corner close to the gate but turned my back to the corridor. I heard monster approaching, I literally heard his steps. Needless to say I had heart in my throat and was barely breathing because of fear. Daniel started to slowly lose his sanity and then he just freaked out in this corner but surprisingly - nothing happened. The thing repeated like twice or thrice and the monster still wasn't gone as the music was still going so I decide to slowly turn around and... HE WAS STANDING IDLE RIGHT NEXT TO ME! I literally jumped on my chair and had to take a glass of water to calm down my nerves. As I found no solution to this situation I just mustered all the courage in me (is there kind of courage where you're all shaking and so on?) and just stood up, turned on the lantern and started to run and jump around the corridors hoping to lose the monster on a way. After a pretty long chase I did so (of course was turning off the lantern when I knew where to go) and waited for the music to stop. Then still with every muscle tensed to the borders I opened the gate and left the prison.

Seriously, after this I took a break from Amnesia for like 2 weeks.
02-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Find
Zopy Offline

Threads: 0

The biggest scare for me was the first monster in the prison level. Right when you go up the stairs for the first time, and there's a grunt waiting for you. I was on voice chat with my friend at the time, and he can attest to the fact that I was about to cry.
02-08-2011, 01:57 AM
Find
LuckyBlackCatXIII Offline

Threads: 3

Oh Jesus I think that part was one of my worst moments in the game for me too.

Now throughout the whole game up to that part I had done pretty well when it came to the 'hear something terrifying behind you' moments by never touching the Esc/Tab buttons since, and I'm not sure if this was a problem for anyone else, any time I returned from either menu screens the camera would jump somewhere else since I was using a track pad, which wouldn't be helpful when it came to running for my life. But, for some reason, I forgot events=monster attacks so when I heard that damn growl I reactivity went to the Esc menu basically had a mental break down before getting back to the game then spastically try to run away after trying to adjust the camera and not get killed. Needless to say I did not enjoy hearing the 'Grunt gunna gut you' screechy music playing during the loading screen as a reminder of how close I was to dying >B1
02-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Find