Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Biggest scare yet - SPOLIERS
311alien Offline

Threads: 7
Biggest scare yet - SPOLIERS

***spoilers*** ***spoilers*** ***spoilers***

Anyway, I wish I could have just recorded the scare that I just had. At the end of the prison...I used the acid to dissolve the lock before I bashed the sh!t out of it with my trusty hammer. As soon as I bashed it, I heard a horrible creature behind me. I was too scared to turn around, so I rushed to open the gate. I run through, turn around to close it and 3 feet from me is a monster running right at me. I could see the hate in it's eyes. Let me tell you...This was by far, the worst scare I've had in the game yet. I managed to close the gate, turned and ran for the exit. I finally started to breathe again after the load screen. That scare sent shivers down my spine, sent my adrenaline rushing through my veins, tensed every muscle in my body and I ceased to breathe. WOW.

I am hoping that there are more to come. I am sure there will be, but for now, I need to stop playing. Heart rate is to high Blush
10-01-2010, 03:56 AM
Find
masteredd Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Biggest scare yet - SPOLIERS

Yes, the prison was by far the scariest part in the game.
It was also the first time where I just pressed Esc->quit game, because i was too scared.
It was the first monster, that you see, when you go upstairs the first time.
I was scared to death and ran back to the entrance, but I simply couldn't lift the wooden bars, so I got killed.
Woah, but this game is soo awesome. I've never had such a high heart-rate since the Shalebridge Cradle from Thief 3.

Thanks FrictionalGames! Big Grin
10-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

Lol. Big Grin
I stopped exactly at that pat of the game. I just disolved the lock and broke it open. I tried to get through but I was too slow... Lets just say I am still at that part. Sad

10-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Find
311alien Offline

(10-03-2010, 10:16 PM)Kyle Wrote: Lol. Big Grin
I stopped exactly at that pat of the game. I just disolved the lock and broke it open. I tried to get through but I was too slow... Lets just say I am still at that part. Sad

lol! I just opened the door to the Morgue. It looks so scary that I just saved and exited the game. That was about 3 or 4 hours ago. It's nice and dark here in NYC so I am about to go play again and get all freaked out. I am going to Bahamas for a week for vacation with my girl. I'll be going through Amnesia withdrawals...she'll never understand lol.
10-04-2010, 12:15 AM
Find
Macil Offline

Haha ...

I remember this part.

As soon as I heard the monster after opening the lock, I made a beeline to the RIGHT -- down that long dark hall with the L shaped dead-end. He didn't spot me. There's some crates back there -- I hid until I was sure he left and then "casually (heart pounding)" went back to the bars and unlatched them. Smile
10-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(10-04-2010, 12:15 AM)311alien Wrote: I just opened the door to the Morgue. It looks so scary that I just saved and exited the game.

I did the same thing. I had just come from the horrifying prison, I saw more yawning black, and decided I needed a breather.
10-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Find
SiamJai Offline

The prison exit 'surprise' got me too, but I found the Morgue more relaxing. The automatic sanity loss in certain rooms annoyed me as heck though. It was an unwelcome reminder that I'm only playing a game after all.

I found the biggest scare yet to be the water monster, mainly 'cause it's pretty much unavoidable and invisible. So relieved when I was out of that area!

[Image: 3Ddemon_adbanner_458x101.jpg]
10-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Find
311alien Offline

(10-08-2010, 07:36 AM)SiamJai Wrote: The prison exit 'surprise' got me too, but I found the Morgue more relaxing. The automatic sanity loss in certain rooms annoyed me as heck though. It was an unwelcome reminder that I'm only playing a game after all.

I found the biggest scare yet to be the water monster, mainly 'cause it's pretty much unavoidable and invisible. So relieved when I was out of that area!

I hear ya...I went to the Bahamas for a week with my girl for vacay...I got back yesterday and played some Amnesia...man I missed it. I am wandering around the morgue now. But I understand what you mean with the water monster...When I 1st did that part, my heart was POUNDING! The fact that it was invisible made it worse. You had no idea if it was looking at you or where exactly it was. Running through the hallway with that thing in hot pursuit was extremely scary/satisfying. The screams/shrieks it let out were stunning. When I made it through the door to end the "chapter" it was a great relief to know that I made it. lol
10-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

The water monster is kind of cheating because I have a phobia of water, I'm terrified some huge terrible monster is in any body of water larger than a pool. So I'm actually fairly proud of myself that I managed to get through his section early in the game, especially because I used the distract-with-meat solution instead of standing on a box while cranking, tears streaming down my face. Off topic but the water level in Penumbra, I think Requiem, nearly broke me. Took me several aborted tries to make it through.
10-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Find
311alien Offline

(10-08-2010, 11:16 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: The water monster is kind of cheating because I have a phobia of water, I'm terrified some huge terrible monster is in any body of water larger than a pool. So I'm actually fairly proud of myself that I managed to get through his section early in the game, especially because I used the distract-with-meat solution instead of standing on a box while cranking, tears streaming down my face. Off topic but the water level in Penumbra, I think Requiem, nearly broke me. Took me several aborted tries to make it through.

I hear ya about the "huge terrible monster" in a body of water larger than a pool...When I'm up at Lake George or Lake Saratoga, I think of the movie Creep Show...with the blob thing on the surface of the lake. That always creeps me out. When I'm at the beach, I always feel like a tentacle of some sort of creature is going to wrap itself around my leg and pull me down. I can only stay in the water for short periods, lol. Plus the nasty ass water on the beaches of Long Island New York are pretty gross. That's enough to keep me out of the water. Undecided
10-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Find