Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New items same height?
Vincent Offline

Threads: 7
New items same height?

What I've noticed whilst using the editor is...

I make a map on like the default height, and then I want to make something like a... basement.

But each time I want to make a floor, I have to lower it.
It doesn't take that long, but if you want to make a big map, on a lower height than normal, it could save time to just set a default height.

Is there any way to do this?

Please help, thanks in advance.

Vincent.
10-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Find
locker Offline

Threads: 1
RE: New items same height?

Near the left bottom of the level editor, there is a small "spin edit box" named "Height". The value defaults to 0, but you can set the height of the grid. For placing the planes, set the grid bellow zero and place your basement stuff. Then get back the grid level to zero(or higher) and place the upper floors stuff and even the ceiling.
10-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

You could instead raise the height of what you know will be a small above-ground floor, so that the default spawn for floors is now the basement.
10-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Find
HakePT Offline

Threads: 1

(10-06-2010, 08:06 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: You could instead raise the height of what you know will be a small above-ground floor, so that the default spawn for floors is now the basement.

Makes no sense.
Just set the default height to what you want.
10-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Find