Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

that Looking Glass feeling...
overhill Offline

Threads: 1
that Looking Glass feeling...

Did someone say Thief: The Dark Project zombie crypt?
No I said Amnesia: The Dark Descent...

Just a topic to talk about the similarity to the Thief games especially the Thief 1 undead missions. Somehow I felt really familiar with the graphic style and "loot" collection and lovely zombies.
I could imagine that people at Frictional has played their thief zombie missions well. Could this be true? Coz if it is. AWESOME Big Grin

Anyone else has any similar thoughts?
10-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Find
Torque Offline

Threads: 0
RE: that Looking Glass feeling...

Correct me if I wrong but I read some interviews where developers admit that they had played Thief.Smile
10-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Find
CD Set Offline

Well, as much as I love Thief (the entire series is a long-standing favourite of mine), I never really thought of the similarities between them. I can kind of see where you got that impression though, as the dark and gloomy locales (not to mention incredibly deadly enemies) have been created in a similar vein. On the other hand, the darkness is your friend in Thief, unlike Amnesia.

On the other hand, in describing Amnesia for friends, I tend to describe it as "The Shalebridge Cradle from Thief 3, only turned into a full game". I guess the insanity aspect of it is what makes me make that connection, as well as the enemies spasmic and unpredictable movements.
10-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Find
overhill Offline

"The Shalebridge Cradle from Thief 3, only turned into a full game"

That is actually a very correct way to describe it.

btw. Ever watched "the orphanage" coz it really had lots of similarities in the story and stuff to Shalebridge Cradle?
10-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Find