Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

My scariest moment yet
IronLotus Offline

Threads: 1
My scariest moment yet

This happened early on, when I was in the Back Hall area. I was actually in the room where the animals had been decapitated, back in the small study. When I stepped in there, I noticed Alexander's portrait to my right. It just FELT like it had some sort of energy, as though if I looked into his eyes for too long, I would see something horrible.
So I went to the desk and opened the cupboard where the skulls were. That didn't scare me as much as it scared Daniel... but when I turned around to leave the room, I spotted Alexander's portrait. I felt my hair LITERALLY stand as my heart skipped like 3 beats - in place of his eyes and mouth were pitch black drooping holes! I was staring at it when all of the sudden I felt the urge to RUN as far away from it as I can. I laterally ran back to the Back Hall and stayed there for 5 minutes because of this.
10-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: My scariest moment yet

[Image: kittehv.jpg]

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Find
Mina Darsh Offline

Threads: 24

Err... Kein?

... Nevermind!

Yeah, the portrait seems to have a really disturbing effect. I love this idea, as it is not really a shock-scare, just an unnerving scare, really well-done I'd say, really rare.
10-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Find
lillmarcus Offline

Threads: 2

That never happened to me... or perhaps I was too busy looking for tinderboxes to notice? Tongue
10-08-2010, 04:53 AM
Find
SiamJai Offline

Threads: 1

Yeah, that must've been scary, too bad I missed it!

I found out about the effect only later when I found both paintings in the super secret folder. It's cool.

The trick reminded me somewhat of an Eternal Darkness moment: if you leave the game on while doing something else, after a short while the screen changes to a pic of the antagonist watching you through the TV screen, right up-close!

In this game, my scariest moments are the zombie chases - I'm actually pretty comfy with the lack of light and old abandoned buildings with weird stuff inside.

[Image: 3Ddemon_adbanner_458x101.jpg]
10-08-2010, 06:30 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(10-07-2010, 10:20 PM)Hionimi Wrote: Err... Kein?

What?
I loled back then Tongue

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Find
martinstatic Offline

Threads: 0

I had actually read about this, but only after I'd gone pass that bit.
Time to load that autosave Tongue

10-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Find