Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Developer tools: Improvements / Ideas
Brainz80 Offline

Threads: 1
Information  Developer tools: Improvements / Ideas

NOTE! This is in no way meant to be taken as criticism to an already great developer suite. Still I feel some might feel that there might be room for some improvements.
That being said let's start with one:

Improvements:
  • Possibility to pose rigged entities in leveleditor (or dev-mode ingame). (You can play with the joints on characters/entities in the mapviewer, but you can't save the physics-state.)
10-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Find
Evil Ash Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Developer tools: Improvements / Ideas

At first I actually disliked the camera controls, but after getting used to them, I now can't stand the camera controls in 3D Studio Max! So yes I actually really like the camera controls. Quick and easy.

I'd say my biggest gripe is (to my knowledge) the lack of 'snap to object' in the level editor. I know there is 'Create on surface' and 'snap to grid' but it many entity based editors I've used, like the CryEngine, it had a SNAP to object feature. Basically, the two bounding boxes would smack flush together at the nearest possible point. This would be a huge timesaver for walls/planes/building blocks, etc. Instead of making sure the grid lines up with the object, you could just SNAP them together and never have to worry about overlapping mesh or tiny little gaps between walls.

[Image: revelationsig.png]
10-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Find