Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

My friend gave up on this game because...
Bythemark Offline

Threads: 2
RE: My friend gave up on this game because...

(10-09-2010, 08:19 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Some people can't watch Moon or Blade Runner all the way through because they're 'boring'. It kind of just means they've no taste for brooding slowly mounting horror.

Did you explain that the game is not a survival horror but an adventure game? Survival horror has, for most people, stopped meaning Silent Hill 1 AKA powerless or almost powerless protagonist, and means Resident Evil 4 and a shotgun that beheads 15 zombies at once with plenty of ammo. I know that would be a rude awakening, and possibly infuriating.

Also if he's gotten to the wine cellar playing like a bored person, it's probably only been 30 minutes, and is not giving the game a fair shake.

Yeah, if he hasn't been to the first water level...hell, I made it there in the demo.
10-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Find
martinstatic Offline

Threads: 0

(10-09-2010, 08:19 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: ...and means Resident Evil 4 and a shotgun that beheads 15 zombies at once with plenty of ammo.

That's ridiculous.

...no one can get 15 in 1 shot.

10-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Find
Natural Offline

Threads: 2

Your friend either has nerves of steel or he isn't playing the game in a proper environment. I just reached the wine cellar 5 mins ago and already had to take a break to calm my nerves. Haven't even encountered a monster yet, though I think I just caught a glimpse of something. Very intense game so far. Props Frictional.
10-11-2010, 03:02 AM
Find
Blackhand Offline

Threads: 1

He's just too scared. People don't quit out of a game and wipe it off their drive IMMEDIATELY because its boring, they shelve it and come back to it at some other point in time. On the other hand, if something deeply disturbs you, you would wipe it off your drive in a hurry.

Basically he needs to man up =)
10-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Tell him that whole forum dares him to play.
"We dare you..."

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2010, 02:52 PM by Yuhaney.)
10-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Website Find
Mina Darsh Offline

Threads: 24

I'm afraid he is indeed the kind that needs bite-size action, so to speak.

I guess he just wants action, and destroy stuff, dunno. Huh
10-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Find
Mr. X Offline

Threads: 6

Slap your friend in the face and say ''PLAY. OR. GTFO.'' Always works for me.

Either they play or they gtfo, fifty fifty.
10-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Find
311alien Offline

Threads: 7

(10-09-2010, 07:51 PM)dvow Wrote: It was apparently really boring. He said the pacing was slow, and got bored. I was confused, and asked how far he made it, and he just got to the wine cellar.

I am trying to convince him that he needs to keep going, but he refuses to, citing again he found the game boring and has no need to play anymore. He even deleted it from his hard drive, and called it a wasted purchase.

I don't know how to react to this. I know he's not stupid. Is there anything I can say to convince him to give this game another chance? Or does this guy have just plain old terrible taste in games? Has anyone else given up so early because this game was boring and slow?

I blame this all on mordern warfare 1 and 2 and halo. I loved those games, but there is more to gaming than twitch gameplay. I've played fps and adventure games since the beginning of gaming. I'm old, shut it!
10-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Find