Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Newsletter | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support

Poll: What Genre SETTING would YOU like the next Frictional Game to be in?
Fantasy
Film Noir
Sience Fiction
Medievil
Western
Modern Day
Cyberpunk (yea kinda like scifi)
Steampunk (yea kinda like scifi)
[Show Results]

What Genre SETTING would YOU like the next Frictional Game to be in?
SiamJai Offline

RE: What Genre SETTING would YOU like the next Frictional Game to be in?

(10-11-2010 10:56 AM)Scraper Wrote:  How about some zombie sneaking stealth game.
Just random idea I had for a second...

Nah, that'd never work... Wink

I'd like to see horror in a contemporary setting; environments and situations that players could easily identify with.

(btw, I know those times were pretty 'evil', but it's spelled 'medieval', not 'medievil'. Tongue)

[Image: 3Ddemon_adbanner_458x101.jpg]
10-11-2010 11:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

(10-11-2010 07:10 AM)superluser Wrote:  I would like to see a change from the claustrophobia of enclosed spaces to the claustrophobia of a wasteland.

You mean agoraphobia? I wonder how easily you could make such a game, post-apocalyptic, with huge emptiness separating gameplay elements. You'd need a GPS-style navigator to make the wide space viable while still hostile, plus a way to quickly traverse the land without diminishing the vastness.
10-11-2010 11:33 AM
IIPEE Offline
GameScraper.net

(10-11-2010 11:15 AM)nackidno Wrote:  Scraper: You mean like Penumbra and Amnesia?

No.
I mean something like gameplay of Thief or Splinter Cell with zombies like in Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green or Left 4 Dead combined with Frictional Games non weapon physics.

• It took me 7 years to get THIS far...
10-11-2010 12:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hionimi Offline

I vote for Medieval, but also meaning just the old days, anywhere from 1400 till 1850 or so.

Here's why: Would like it in this time, as things would be harder to record, it could only end up in a history book and thus if it doesn't plausible, it would be discarded as a myth. This gives to me the feeling like the game you experience may have truly happened. Tongue

"Didn't need to add insanity effects to the game, it's so scary I'm loosing my real life sanity!" [Image: shocked-smiley-9456.gif]
10-11-2010 12:36 PM
superluser Offline

(10-11-2010 11:33 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote:  
(10-11-2010 07:10 AM)superluser Wrote:  I would like to see a change from the claustrophobia of enclosed spaces to the claustrophobia of a wasteland.
You mean agoraphobia? I wonder how easily you could make such a game, post-apocalyptic, with huge emptiness separating gameplay elements. You'd need a GPS-style navigator to make the wide space viable while still hostile, plus a way to quickly traverse the land without diminishing the vastness.

Agoraphobia is the fear of public spaces, and usually a fear of social encounters of people. I'm talking more about the fear of places like deserts or the woods, where you're a long way from society. Forests and cold deserts are common settings for Lovecraft's stories, for example. Is that still agoraphobia?

Also, I'm not really talking about post-apocalyptic. I'm talking about In the Mountains of Madness or The Dunwich Horror. That's not post-apocalyptic. Also, the maps don't need to be huge, I'd imagine a square kilometer would be a sufficiently large size.
10-11-2010 02:20 PM
311alien Offline

(10-10-2010 03:26 PM)Frontcannon Wrote:  I want to see a post-apocalyptic Western scenario, like the Dark Tower-series by Stephen King Big Grin

The dark tower series is by far my favourite set of books ever. I would love to see a game like that. Or a damn move for the dark tower as well
10-12-2010 07:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)