Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fixing the unused pot of acid bug (and getting stuck in the storage room)
Kerlon Offline

Threads: 1
Fixing the unused pot of acid bug (and getting stuck in the storage room)

Hi there, just wanted to post a solution I found for getting stuck in the storage room with and not being able to make the explosive mixture, which can happen if (by something going wrong with the saves while patching from 1.0 to 1.01, apparently) the pot of acid used to burn the tissue blocking the path to the refinery is not used. The player can just walk into the refinery, with the pot still full of acid, due to some bug. This pot is supposed to be used to make the explosive mixture in the storage room, but if the previous bug occurs then this is not possible.

The only solutions I've seen are reverting to an older save (which I was not willing to to) or find a savegame for download somewhere. However I was able to simply edit my savegame to replace the filled pot with the empty one, and thus solving the problem and was able to proceed to make the mixture.

The savegames are found (in Windows 7) under c:\Users\[user]\Documents\Amnesia\Main\[save profile], and are thankfully in easily readable XML-format and can be edited in any text editor (e.g Notepad). In the most recent save, find the following part:
<class type="cLuxInventory_Item_SaveData" name="">
                    <var type="4" name="msName" val="chemical_container_2" />
                    <var type="2" name="mlType" val="0" />
                    <var type="4" name="msSubType" val="ChemicalContainerFull" />
                    <var type="4" name="msVal" val="" />
                    <var type="4" name="msExtraVal" val="" />
                    <var type="4" name="msImageFile" val="graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/chemical_container_full.tga" />
                    <var type="3" name="mfAmount" val="1.000000" />
                    <var type="2" name="mlCount" val="1" />
                    <var type="4" name="msGameNameEntry" val="ItemName_ChemicalContainerFull" />
                    <var type="4" name="msGameDescEntry" val="ItemDesc_ChemicalContainerFull" />
                </class>
and replace with
                <class type="cLuxInventory_Item_SaveData" name="">
                    <var type="4" name="msName" val="empty_container" />
                    <var type="2" name="mlType" val="0" />
                    <var type="4" name="msSubType" val="ChemicalContainer" />
                    <var type="4" name="msVal" val="" />
                    <var type="4" name="msExtraVal" val="" />
                    <var type="4" name="msImageFile" val="graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/chemical_container.tga" />
                    <var type="3" name="mfAmount" val="1.000000" />
                    <var type="2" name="mlCount" val="1" />
                    <var type="4" name="msGameNameEntry" val="ItemName_ChemicalContainer" />
                    <var type="4" name="msGameDescEntry" val="ItemDesc_ChemicalContainer" />
                </class>
This gave me the empty container in the inventory. I found the code for the empty container in a savegame posted in http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4825.html , so big thanks to Kein for putting them up!

Hopefully this can help others with this problem.
10-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Fixing the unused pot of acid bug (and getting stuck in the storage room)

Hey mods? I think this one must be moved to "Technical Problems" section ;P

Nice find :P

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Find
Stamforth95 Offline

(10-11-2010, 01:27 PM)Kein Wrote: Hey mods? I think this one must be moved to "Technical Problems" section ;P

Nice find Tongue

I agree. I didn't find this solution because I only looked in the 'Technical Problems' forum and had to ask for help instead of fixing the problem myself.

Others who are too shy to ask for help may have started the game again when the problem is simple to fix.

EDIT: Actually, I'll just repost this original post in the Technical Problems section myself to make it easier for everyone.
10-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Find
Igor Welkenbach (Brazil) Offline

Wonderful work!Thank ya very much
11-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Find
gargfump Offline

Threads: 0

You are the MAN !
I just had the same thing...came here found your thread. Well so much for a quick fix Smile
11-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Find
rhicks94 Offline

Threads: 0

I had the problem with the refinery entrance. I went to the door when I initially got into the entrance hall, and the tissue stuff was there, but when I made the acid and came back, it was gone but I had a full pot of acid. It was weird though, as soon as I walked into the refinery the screen flashed as though I had solved a puzzle and the pot was empty. I'm playing on Mac, if that means anything. I was wondering about why the game might have "reset", so to speak. Ideas?
08-07-2012, 03:47 AM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

Please, don't bump old threads, create another one for your kind of thing.
If you do not need help but you want to set up a discussion go to the "Amnesia Discussion" section.
Big Grin

listen to boards of canada
08-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Now that this thread was bumped, would anyone mind to lock it? Best way to make sure it won't be bumped again.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
08-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Website Find