Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia and Livestream
huntercuddles Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia and Livestream

Amnesia: The Dark Descent crashes everytime I try to use it with Livestream Procaster. I have a friend who is thinking about buying the game but he's not sure, so I was wanting to livestream it for him but everytime I try to livestream it the game crashes.

I've seen other people livestream it, is there a way around it or a fix in the works?

I play through Steam, if that has any bearing on the problem.
10-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Find
Flippy Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia and Livestream

(10-10-2010, 10:10 PM)huntercuddles Wrote: Amnesia: The Dark Descent crashes everytime I try to use it with Livestream Procaster. I have a friend who is thinking about buying the game but he's not sure, so I was wanting to livestream it for him but everytime I try to livestream it the game crashes.

I've seen other people livestream it, is there a way around it or a fix in the works?

The newer version of Procaster doesn't seem to work with amnesia.

http://cdn.livestream.com/mds/Livestream...0-0-75.exe

Dl that version to run amnesia with procaster and don't update when it asks. You will still be able to stream.

Hope this helps.=)
10-12-2010, 03:15 AM
Find
huntercuddles Offline

(10-12-2010, 03:15 AM)Flippy Wrote:
(10-10-2010, 10:10 PM)huntercuddles Wrote: Amnesia: The Dark Descent crashes everytime I try to use it with Livestream Procaster. I have a friend who is thinking about buying the game but he's not sure, so I was wanting to livestream it for him but everytime I try to livestream it the game crashes.

Dl that version to run amnesia with procaster and don't update when it asks. You will still be able to stream.

Hope this helps.=)

Amazing! Thank you so much, I was so frustrated trying to make it work, figured it would have been a Procaster problem.

Thank you again for your help, woot!
10-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Find
Flippy Offline

Threads: 0

(10-13-2010, 12:38 AM)huntercuddles Wrote:
(10-12-2010, 03:15 AM)Flippy Wrote:

Hope this helps.=)

Amazing! Thank you so much, I was so frustrated trying to make it work, figured it would have been a Procaster problem.

Thank you again for your help, woot!
The funny thing is, me and another buddy were trying to find out why procaster wasn't working. It was weird because I streamed before the new update and amnesia was working fine with it. Although, amnesia isn't the only game to supposedly to get the shaft from procaster with this new update. I found the "Version history" dl section, tried the version before and it streamed just dandy.
The new version pretty much added, if anything new, a way to see recent chat messages when streaming games. .75 doesn't do this. So you're not really missing any major changes.

Just be sure to mess with the settings again. =D Glad to be of help. I figured I wasn't the only one with this problem.
10-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

No wonder it doesn't work, Livestream programmers are incompetent monkeys. I think they get paid in bananas too.
10-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Find
NEO117 Offline

(10-15-2010, 05:46 PM)nofsky Wrote: No wonder it doesn't work, Livestream programmers are incompetent monkeys. I think they get paid in bananas too.

Since when Livestream is Youtube?
10-16-2010, 04:11 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(10-10-2010, 10:10 PM)huntercuddles Wrote: I've seen other people livestream it, is there a way around it or a fix in the works?

I suggest you to try Ustream.

I've used that in the past and liked it.
However, the free version has some limitations. But for a beginner, they don't really affect.

Also, one very important thing is, that you should have good upload speed on your internet connection.
Otherwise if you play fullscreen on PC and livestream it, it will lag like no other (for you, and for those who watch it).

But in case you have slow upload speed, you can put your game to run in window and set the broadcaster program to stream that (you can set any area you want), so it won't lag for you that way.
Also, there are some other settings, such as audio quality and picture quality, that affect the lagging. You might also want to check them before starting any streaming.

10-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Website Find