Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! (brag about this awesome game)
jssi03 Offline

Threads: 3
AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! (brag about this awesome game)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

OKAY I'm done screaming *phew*..... wait, no I'm not!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!
*pant* *wheeze* *gasp*!.......

(To those who beat this game, and didn't grow a full head of white/grey hair!.. hats off to you... "Good day SIR!... YOU WIN!)

I thought Penumbra was the scariest game series I've ever played, OMG! was I WRONG!!

Believe it or not I played this ENTIRE game (The Dark Descent)... ... IN THE DARK! I beat it! Cool (yeah... I'm cool) Maybe I soiled myself a few thousand times, but all is well with adult diapers! To even pick up this game, play it, and get to where you first die... is an achievement all its own! I feel I should earn a medal or something Tongue.

I know this post is LONG over due, but I thought I would torture myself and play it all over again.... IN THE DARK! Cool hehehe... AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! *sounds of major defecation*

No seriously though, this game has been such a great experience, unlike most games out there that don't have much feeling to them. In Dark Descent I got a real sensation of fear, anxiety, doubt, hate, confusion, and most of all, satisfaction. It is so rare to "feel" something while playing a game. I felt as if I was the character himself. The atmosphere of the game, it really puts you in the game, even more so than in the Penumbra series. Some people may say it is just the same game as Penumbra, but in a different setting. However, I ask myself why it was so much harder to pick up this game and play? I had little to no trouble playing the Penumbra series. I cannot explain it in detail as to why The Dark Descent is so much more scary than any game out there. How Frictional Games has managed to make a game even more scary than Penumbra, yet use the same basic concepts and game-play style, but deliver an entirely different experience? I do not know. I wonder if they could make another game even scarier than this one? I can only hope so (I did manage to play A Machine for Pigs, and I got to say, not as scary but I liked the story).

Thank you Frictional Games, for the best and worse Tongue experience I have ever felt in a game.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2015, 06:07 AM by jssi03.)
02-16-2015, 06:02 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! (brag about this awesome game)

Glad to hear you played the game as it's intended.
Yes, Amnesia is probably the best horror game ever made, but I can't say it's the scariest. Of course, it is one of the scariest games, but there are some others:

Outlast and Silent Hill (1-3) are also extremely terrifying. But that doesn't mean they are automatically better. I think Outlast is only 2nd class at all, but the asylum and the psychopaths are a true nightmare. Scratches and Dark Fall Lost Souls are also quite fantastic!

I also think that Penumbra Overture was the best in atmosphere, puzzles and design.
Black Plague was far scarier, but Overture was a more solid experience.

Nevertheless, Frictional Games are the best people who create horror stories.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2015, 06:06 PM by Googolplex.)
02-24-2015, 05:59 PM
Find