Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

(04-23-2012, 01:41 PM)AussieDerps Wrote: -First time playing the game
-Thinking it wont be that scary, I dont get scared easily
-Going through the story, nothing happens
-First look at the monster, leg it like a bitch
-Play the game for the rest of the night
-Next morning neighbour asks what was the screaming last night?
-Turns out I was yelling and I never realised because I was to busy being scared.
Gotta love Amnesia <3
Oh god, I'm sorry but I had to do this.

Spoiler below!
[Image: lQTbFX11FkONrKScLXGbGQ2.png]

Don't worry, there is no spoilers, it's just a picture.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
04-30-2012, 05:33 AM
Find
BeLe Offline

Threads: 0

The Iron maiden made me jump a bit because I've watched pewdie play CSs before where he could hide in them no problem.. the sounds creeped me out a bit but then I shut it while hiding in it and "OH GOD THERE'S A MONSTER IN HERE" (there wasnt really but that was my first conclusion)
Actually a number of things around there scared me... like the Upside down torture area, and the impaler room, most notably, those weren't short scares of course but they just made me keep thinking "oh god... oh god... oh.. god..."
The Chancel grunt group just scared the living daylights out of me, complete with a jump, uttering gibberish in a low voice, and being stunned more than long enough for them to capture Daniel without any retaliation.
05-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(01-02-2012, 09:34 AM)Carrna Wrote: Prison was probably the worst (read: best) place since it was so large, long and dark. When I entered the prison for the first time I was cursing myself for not saving enough tinderboxes. After the first blind playthrough I've started to save them especially for prisons so there's fire in almost every torch at the end. It's still too spooky if it's dark although I know what happens there. Big Grin I love how it's such a huge labyrinth with monsters spawning almost around every corner.
I actually think they missed out on the opportunity to deliberately deprive you of light at some point. Would have been pretty fucking scary if suddenly there were no oil or tinderboxes. I had like 2 bottles of oil and 50 tinderboxes at the end of the game because I was conserving them and using them only when necessary. I almost never used tinderboxes because they're much riskier than using the lantern as you can't extinguish the flame if something appears. So I spent much of the game sneaking in the darkness. I actually think they gave you oil a little bit too generously; the only way you can run out is to not put it down ever.
05-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

When i arrived in the dark cells, was out of tinderboxes and lamp oil. I freaked out several times there Big Grin

05-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

The prison. When I was at these stairs that go down. I heard a noise and then I GASPED. I looked up and down and up trying to find where the noise came from. And then I saw IT.
Bricks were shit that day.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
05-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Find
Datzy Offline

First Time I got Scared: Without seeing the monsters before, and entering a large hall only to see the grunt's figure barely moving through a door, I shat. Quickly, I ran over to a door at the end of the hall to see that it was covered in rocks, I turn around and boom.
There it is, and then I paused and waited a second, then resumed. I ran to the side quickly when I noticed that it was disentigrating, I then facepalmed and continued.
Scariest Part Water part or Storage.
05-15-2012, 06:39 AM
Website Find
CrazyShootin Offline

Threads: 3

The first time I played I was scared shitless in the storage. Everything is fine... *opening door* ...
Spent the next two hours sitting in a corner with a blanket over my head repeating the words: "I'm in a happy place, I'm in a happy place!"

Okay, maybe not that bad. But close enough. <.<

05-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Website Find
Earthykiller127 Offline

Threads: 10

First in the room where you have grunt hallucination i dont noticed it so i dont tell i got scared :/ then it was when i encountered the brute! it was freakin scary! hearing those sort of footstep music was really well done and scared me hard! (well not so hard)

I'll make it short
I am
Spoiler below!
Black ☆ Rock Shooter
05-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Website Find
Wojter Offline

Hi, I'm new Smile
When I played this game there were couple of rooms, where I felt tension. Guest Room isn't such scary I saw closet so I hided in it, but Storage was really full of tension (open door and RAWL huh I shuted door and run so fast x). When I entered Northern Block of Prison I though it's scariest place in game, but I didn't die and didn't piss myself. And CHOIR - worst place ever. I really was creeped out only in Choir. I was so close to end and I didn't want to die, because I didn't die before. Actually didn't die in whole game but God, in Choir I wanted to get out of this place and never go back. Then ... I played Amnesia second and third time and always felt discomfort in Choir. Fine thing was that Brutes were silly there and didn't see you from 3-4 meters Big Grin
05-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Find
IsaacJGL Offline

Threads: 3

(10-12-2010, 01:08 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: The part where I first encountered a monster in the Storage.

Thinking a sound was just something ambient and then all of a sudden I see his figure in the doorway? My heart was pounding, HARD.

I could 'hear' the fear in my voice, like something you'd hear in a horror movie by an awesome actor.
That was the exact thing that I was freaked out from about 5 minutes ago. I also thought the flashback afterwards was depressing.

Paint the lines... cut the man... Paint the lines... cut the man...

06-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Find