Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
FlyingShisno Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

My list boils down to two points:
  1. The water part. That type of situation makes me tense no matter what game it's in. It especially makes me clench my butt cheeks in suspense. After the water part, it was difficult to remain seated and had to go walk around for an hour.
  2. Every part during and after the storage.
That atmosphere was great too. I know that guy is ready to pounce any moment, but it doesn't, and it kills my nerves. Then the moment I let my guard down to just relax and look around, the thing pops out and goes "NOPE", then plunders my booty.
06-08-2012, 01:29 AM
Website Find
A.I. Offline

Threads: 16

The scariest part for me is in Justine the part where you have to get some cog on something and that suitor is outside.....I will not play Justine anymore.....

[Image: 1YV6ehh]
Formerly Vaelwing22
06-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Find
Dusty926 Offline

Threads: 2

First short scare: A door blew open, yeah, I got scared by that...

First long scare: The storage, and mother of god that place was scary.

Biggest short scare: Iron maiden scene, after that, I whispered out loud, "F*ck now screamers are making their way into video games."

Biggest long scare: The prison (both blocks) Words are not needed, since if I were to speak words of it, I would only be saying what's already been said.
06-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39

Scared me the most? Both the Storage and Prison area... mostly the Prison area.

We all know why.
06-09-2012, 05:52 AM
Find
AspiringFailure Offline

Threads: 1

I'm in the middle of the prison area right now, so I've still got a lot of game to get through, -but this part definitely has me the most tense. The storage area also had me groping for a freaking break. I'm TOO impressed by how well the darkness actually makes you feel suffocated in this game. It's incredible.

And that light, by contrast, makes you feels so comfortable. Te constant shift from "Ahh" to "OH GOD WHERE AM I WHAT'S HAPPENING" does an amazing job of getting me scared.
06-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Find
Mathiasz Offline

Threads: 2

The prison, storage, refinery, archives and the sewers are the most scary moments for me.

The water part got my heart beating as hell. I loved and somehow hated that part. Wish I could re-experience it as it was the first time again. I've finished Amnesia: The Dark Descent more than 5 times and it just doesn't give the same effect anymore.

I remember the choir. That was one hell of a scary "room" / hall.

In Justine, it's definitely in the sewers that scared me the most. At that point where you gotta find those "wheels" to get through the doors.

You can find my music here:
http://soundcloud.com/MathiasGebuhr
06-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Website Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

The unexpected grunt in the wine cellar really made me nervous
06-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Website Find
Tikicobra Offline

Threads: 0

Spoiler below!
One of the scariest moments for me was in the sewers, at the part where you have to distract the monster by throwing a rock and then make a run for it. I heard the monster making noises, so I sat in the corner for like ten minutes waiting for it to go away. Eventually I decided to give it a shot, and it ended up taking me like four attempts.

The choir also freaked me out at first because I didn't realize how easy it was to sneak around, so I tried booking it. I... didn't make it.

Also, the monster in the bedroom and the weird creature in the water scared the crap out of me.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2012, 07:32 PM by Tikicobra.)
06-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I found the monsters in Justine to be more like fun challenges than they were in TDD.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2012, 01:13 AM by Damascus Rose.)
06-13-2012, 01:12 AM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23

the prt wer the monster cumed out and sed hi
06-13-2012, 02:40 AM
Find