Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applications Won't Extract/Open
Son.of.Emo Offline

Threads: 2
Applications Won't Extract/Open

I'm trying to make my first Amnesia custom story. I downloaded the editor suite for windows and installed it in my Amnesia folder within steam. I tried to extract the files but it only extracted the HplLangTool.exe. All the other editors and viewers didn't extract and won't open. I get multiple errors messages like various things are missing from my computer or some crap. So I can't open the level editor to MAKE the first map.

The errors say I'm missing "SDL.dll", "zlibwapi.dll" , "glew32.dll", and "DevlL.dll". I'm so confused and don't know what to do. I have absolutely no experience with computer programming so try to keep the explaining as easy to understand as possible.
06-28-2016, 01:26 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: Applications Won't Extract/Open

Are you sure you got the tools from here? (Windows HPL Editor Suite for Amnesia 1.3.)
Remember to unzip it in the same directory Amnesia.exe is.
Also your antivirus could be blocking the files, you should disable it temporarily if you have any.

06-28-2016, 01:54 AM
Find
Son.of.Emo Offline

Threads: 2

Yes. I downloaded that and put t in the correct location. Still get the errors :\
06-28-2016, 02:08 AM
Find
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75

Is your Amnesia the Steam version? If not is it updated to the latest version?

06-28-2016, 11:21 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(06-28-2016, 01:26 AM)Son.of.Emo Wrote: The errors say I'm missing "SDL.dll", "zlibwapi.dll" , "glew32.dll", and "DevlL.dll". I'm so confused and don't know what to do. I have absolutely no experience with computer programming so try to keep the explaining as easy to understand as possible.

This to me suggests you have an incomplete installation.

Step 1
Steam:
Perform a Steam File Integrity Check (Problem I here). Amnesia through Steam is automatically updated to the latest version, which, at this time, is 1.3.1.

Retail:
Reinstall the game using your retail installer, then update your game using the appropriate software updater from here.

Step 2
Then copy and paste all of the files within the archive from the Amnesia 1.3 Mod Tools update here, into the same directory where Amnesia.exe is located. For example, since I use Amnesia's Steam directory, it looks like this.

Spoiler below!
[Image: 386079295e.png]

Step 3
???

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2016, 01:46 PM by Romulator.)
06-28-2016, 01:44 PM
Find