Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some questions
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Some questions

Nope, you can't. Wink
At least I know of no way.

10-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

Threads: 3

Hey folks, another question:

In the gameplay trailer you are able to move a table around. Is there any way to allow it in the level editor? I would like to use this feature in my custom story. Thanks.
10-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2

There is one moveable table entity, but if you want another one there is no way around using the model editor. Wink

10-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

Thank you, I found it out. Strangely I never realized that table_wood01_dyn could be what I wanted to have..
10-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

Hey folks, me again..

I just started to try out scripting, thanks to a good friend of mine who has some experience with this kind of stuff. I do understand some parts of this whole scripting thing but of course I encounter problems as I'm still at the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQX81WaDHvE

In this video is a scene where the player hides between the chest of drawers and the bed. You can hear footsteps, which become louder, then the door opens a bit and after this scene you can hear the footsteps again. This time the "person" is going away from you bedroom. Those footsteps are random samples, so it could be a bit hard to code them. At first I thought they are activated by different timers which play those sounds from different objects to make them appear more quiet each time they are played, but this could be difficult because of the different length of those random samples. Any help with this?

Feel free to ask if you don't understand something. Thanks!

Edit: Well, I found it out by myself. It was indeed a timer. Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2010, 11:41 PM by Seuchensoldat.)
11-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Find