Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some questions
Seuchensoldat Offline

Threads: 3
Some questions

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Amnesia modding (actually I started one day ago) and have two questions to improve my editing skills.

1. Can you please tell me how I can change the direction a door opens?

2. Maybe some of you know the custom story "Excorcist" (link to trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09WQi5HOpHI), which is in development. I would like to know how they created those diagonal walls. As you can see in the trailer, the rooms are not cubes. I tried this with the level editor, but it does not fit exactly with the other walls. Is there some trick or another wall objects to do so?

Thank you!

PS: I'm sorry for my simple english, I'm from Germany. If you don't understand me, feel free to ask. Smile

BTW, Amnesia is a wonderful game, much better than the majority of "Horror" Shooters.
10-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Some questions

You can rotate the wall pieces and place blenders to cover the joints.
To change the direction a door opens, you will have to rotate it or you will have to edit some of the *.ent files (not sure whether the second works).

10-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Find
Skoth Offline

You can rotate the wall by having it selected and pressing 'w'. Once you do that, three different rotatable axises will appear around the wall and you can just click and drag them into the direction you want!
10-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

Thank you for the quick replies, but I already know how to rotate things. The problem is that I always have empty spaces between the walls when I tried to put a Wall in a 45 degree to another. It just doesn't look perfect.

Okay, the door solution is not what I wanted to, I thought there would be a way to make a door item open in two different ways, but I think I will stuck to just rotate it.
10-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Deactivate grid snapping (magnet at the bottom) for more precise rotating.

10-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

Yeah, I tried that, but now I have a problem (take a look at my attachment, please).

I'm not able to get a closed room and I tried everything, even using a smaller grid, which results in chaotic placed walls.

Please take a look at this "Excorcist" Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09WQi5HOpHI) at 2:24 minutes, there you can see perfectly assigned walls. Mhh.. Can't be that difficult. Maybe they are using new wall objects?
10-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Find
Neurological Offline

Threads: 11

There is also a short version of that wall, also resize them if still you don't get the desidered wall.

Neurological - Music Entertainment
http://www.neuro-lab.net
10-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

He's scaling the other walls.

[edit]
Neuro was faster. Wink

10-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

Uhm...

Thank you. Don't know why I didn't get it. I have some editor experience with other games and there you had to do it the same way. Stupid from me. Big Grin
10-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

Hey, it's me again. I'm sorry for the double post, but I have another problem: Is there a way to pretend point lights shine through walls without changing their radius?

By the way, I was able to create a door which opens the opposite direction. Didn't know the model editor was that easy to use. Smile
10-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Find