Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about custom model entities
Neurological Offline

Threads: 11
Question about custom model entities

I've menaged to import custom models and made the entity for it. Now my question is:

it is possible to make the level editor to find the netities from the custom_stories folder?

Because in the editor my new entities are not listed and I have to copy the files in the main entities folder.

Neurological - Music Entertainment
http://www.neuro-lab.net
09-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19
RE: Question about custom model entities

Sure! You only have to open the LevelEditor.cfg file (should be in your <Path to My documents folder>/HPL2/) with a text editor. Then add ExtraStaticObjectDir1="quoted full path to your custom static objects dir" for static objects, or ExtraEntityDir1="quoted full path to your custom entities dir" as an attribute in the "Directories" tag. If you have several directories, just increment the numeric suffix for each one.

A working example (ignore the LastUsedPath part):
<Directories LastUsedPath="D:/amnesia/redist/maps/main/ch01" ExtraEntityDir1="D:\HPL_2\redist\entities" />

Better if you move all new assets to the custom story root directory, cos right now the game will not look for them if they are outside it. If many model packs are made available to the public in a near future, we could look into making them shareable among custom stories Smile

Also, when adding custom dirs, try to mimic how the game static_objects and entities folders are structured (as in 1 subfolder == 1 category). That will save the editor and yourself some headaches Smile

EOF
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2010, 04:41 PM by Luis.)
09-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Find
Darkphyre Offline

Threads: 0

(09-15-2010, 04:51 PM)Luis Wrote: Sure! You only have to open the LevelEditor.cfg file (should be in your <Path to My documents folder>/HPL2/) with a text editor. Then add ExtraStaticObjectDir1="quoted full path to your custom static objects dir" for static objects, or ExtraEntityDir1="quoted full path to your custom entities dir". If you have several directories, just increment the numeric suffix for each one.

Better if you move all new assets to the custom story root directory, cos right now the game will not look for them if they are outside it. If many model packs are made available to the public in a near future, we could look into making them shareable among custom stories Smile

Also, when adding custom dirs, try to mimic how the game static_objects and entities folders are structured (as in 1 subfolder == 1 category). That will save the editor and yourself some headaches Smile

I've been trying the above for the last hour or so and can't seem to get it working for the life of me..

ExtraStaticObjectDir1="custom_stories\story1\entities"

ExtraStaticObjectDir1="D:\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories\story1\entities"

neither one works... is there a specific location in the cfg file I have to enter this or some syntax I'm missing?
10-18-2010, 04:46 AM
Find
Neurological Offline

Threads: 11

I've solved it doing one thing. Put all your custom stuff on the main root folder, within the other amnesia assets, when releasing your custom story put all the stuff on your mod folder. Everything will work for who play your story,

Neurological - Music Entertainment
http://www.neuro-lab.net
10-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19

Oops! Really sorry :S. Those should go in the "Directories" tag. I just edited my post above.

EOF
10-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Find
Darkphyre Offline

Threads: 0

(10-18-2010, 04:42 PM)Luis Wrote: Oops! Really sorry :S. Those should go in the "Directories" tag. I just edited my post above.

Sweet, works like a charm now. Thanks Luis.
10-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Find