Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Issues Help InteractConnectPropWithMoveObject
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75
InteractConnectPropWithMoveObject

I am trying to replicate a wheel pulley mechanism from AMFP (in the Cellar level, map 3). I have the crank wheel, the ropes and the pulley. The mechanism works, the ropes move when I turn the wheel and the door I have connect opens, but the problem is the pulley wheel doesnt spin like it does in AMFP. I have virtually an identical script to what they used, which is:

Quote:void OnStart()
{

//SETUP CONNECTIONS//
InteractConnectPropWithMoveObject("barrelcranktoslope", "CrankWheel_1", "castle_portcullis_4", false, false, 0);
InteractConnectPropWithMoveObject("barrelcranktopulley", "CrankWheel_1", "CrankPulley_1", false, true, 0);
InteractConnectPropWithMoveObject("barrelcranktoropes1", "CrankWheel_1", "slope_ropes_1", false, true, 0);
InteractConnectPropWithMoveObject("barrelcranktoropes3", "CrankWheel_1", "slope_ropes_3", false, true, 0);
}

Is there something else I need to do to get this working in the Dark Descent?

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2016, 01:33 AM by serbusfish.)
07-08-2016, 01:32 AM
Find
DanielRand47 Away

Threads: 16
RE: InteractConnectPropWithMoveObject

(07-08-2016, 01:32 AM)serbusfish Wrote: I am trying to replicate a wheel pulley mechanism from AMFP (in the Cellar level, map 3). I have the crank wheel, the ropes and the pulley. The mechanism works, the ropes move when I turn the wheel and the door I have connect opens, but the problem is the pulley wheel doesnt spin like it does in AMFP. I have virtually an identical script to what they used, which is:

Quote:void OnStart()
{

//SETUP CONNECTIONS//
InteractConnectPropWithMoveObject("barrelcranktoslope", "CrankWheel_1", "castle_portcullis_4", false, false, 0);
InteractConnectPropWithMoveObject("barrelcranktopulley", "CrankWheel_1", "CrankPulley_1", false, true, 0);
InteractConnectPropWithMoveObject("barrelcranktoropes1", "CrankWheel_1", "slope_ropes_1", false, true, 0);
InteractConnectPropWithMoveObject("barrelcranktoropes3", "CrankWheel_1", "slope_ropes_3", false, true, 0);
}

Is there something else I need to do to get this working in the Dark Descent?

It's been awhile since I've played AMFP, but it's possible that the pulley is a different entity in AMFP than it is in the Dark Descent. Reason why it rotates. I could be wrong though. Sorry I can't be of much help.
07-08-2016, 02:26 AM
Find
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75

(07-08-2016, 02:26 AM)Daniel47 Wrote: It's been awhile since I've played AMFP, but it's possible that the pulley is a different entity in AMFP than it is in the Dark Descent. Reason why it rotates. I could be wrong though. Sorry I can't be of much help.

I copied the entity over from AMFP, I havent changed any of its properties or anything like that. In the level editor when I select the entity the is a box titled 'angularoffsetarea', could I put something in here perhaps? The description says 'the point it rotates around.' There is also a connected props section which says 'props that are connected to the entity and what will happen will depend upon type of prop. Enter with space and/or comma between entity names.'

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2016, 11:10 AM by serbusfish.)
07-08-2016, 10:50 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

You gotta test it first in the model editor, play with it until it behaves as you want.
The AngularOffsetArea is for entities that were made to spin around a point. To use it, you put here the name of an area, and the entity will spin around it instead of itself.

07-08-2016, 06:00 PM
Find