Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if (postscript scenario)... (spoilers)
wtcelesta Offline

Threads: 2
What if (postscript scenario)... (spoilers)

I know they were in a hurry, but Catherine and Simon could have created a backup plan, if they wished. What would be needed: a second working omnitool left in the hands of the Simon left behind in Omicron. He would need it to operate the Climber and, possibly, reestablish connection with Tau. Then, assuming Catherine didn't fry herself after the Ark launch, she and Simon-2 could have tried to get back to the Climber, and Simon-1 in Omicron could have called the Climber up to get Catherine and Simon-2 to Omicron. There they could have picked up some food for Sarah Lindwall and see if they could do anything for the several mutated bodies in Tau in case there is any life left in them in any form. They could create an army of Simons from dead bodies and cortex chips the same way they did it with Simon-2, then overcome some or all of the monsters (I am not sure what would happen to monsters if Wau is poisoned in your gameplay - perhaps they all drop dead). Get to Theta, see if people kept semi-alive by Wau can be saved. There is probably no way to get back to the Theta shuttle tunnel to save Amy Azarro, unless possible to walk all the way. Perhaps Zeppelin can be tuned to reach Theta, in order to save Amy. If Theta can be cleaned from monsters, there is a whole lot of bodies that can host any number of uploads from the Ark backup. If the Ark prototype in the laboratory in Theta doesn't contain scans, there might still be scans in the computer system in Omicron and Tau that the human Catherine made on the way. They can also repair benevolent robots such as Robin Bass to make them mobile. And voila, a whole mini-civilization on Pathos that can try to restore at least some of the system functionality to extend the life of the community. Especially since robots won't need food.
I made a lot of assumptions, but I want to believe there could theoretically be a happier ending to Simon's adventure =)
07-12-2016, 01:19 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: What if (postscript scenario)... (spoilers)

Perhaps someone should make a mod with alternate endings like this.

07-12-2016, 02:16 AM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

(07-12-2016, 02:16 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Perhaps someone should make a mod with alternate endings like this.

My mod is about Simon-2 from Omicron and what happened after the ARK launched but other than that nobody on the group chat is working on a SOMA story continuation.
07-12-2016, 02:23 AM
Find
wtcelesta Offline

Threads: 2

(07-12-2016, 02:23 AM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: My mod is about Simon-2 from Omicron and what happened after the ARK launched

I would love to play a sequel.
07-14-2016, 04:08 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

I think my favorite placed asset in the whole game is in Omicron on a table in the room where transferring Simon's mind takes place.

It's an Omnitool which is broken.

Someone recreates that map, then places a toolchip somewhere, and makes it so that Omnitool is or can be fixed, congratulations, you have an intro.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
07-15-2016, 01:04 AM
Find