Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gameplay Crashing problem. Tried everything.
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Gameplay Crashing problem. Tried everything.

My PC is three years old only. Also the person found out the cause. The Graphics Card is getting old, and the fan is not working right. Each time the monitor messes up or the PC crashes, the fan shuts off without knowing it. He managed to fix it, and the Graphics Card is no longer too hot. The PC is not so old, because it worked like a Brand New PC before I Installed Amnesia. Very Weird.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Website Find
Urrah Offline

Threads: 4

I've just been doing a bit of research and it seems that Amnesia is not the only game which uses OpenGl to have problems with ATI cards. Apparently there are compatibility problems between OpenGl and ATI which range from texture issues (a.k.a. me) to crashes.

I'm still going to test the Omega driver just in case, but if that fails I'm considering getting a Nvidia card.
10-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

I... I'm speechless. Due to the Driver Changing that Amnesia was requiring, my PC is toasted for good. I'm writing from a different computer. My Graphics Card was damaged by the heat as it looks cooked, and the PC doesn't even start. I am forced to declare my PC toasted.
TIP: I'm writing from a different PC.
TIP2: The Fan for the Graphics Card is rusted. It will never work again.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(10-25-2010, 02:21 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: The Graphics Card is getting old, and the fan is not working right.

If the graphics card is old and it has cooling problems (fan not working right), I don't really think Amnesia is the cause of your problems. More likely it's the damaged graphics card, and not the game itself.

10-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Website Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

Spoiler below!
(10-25-2010, 01:34 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: On the bright side, at least you didn't steal an orb, have a shadow hunt you, torture a bunch of people in a futile attempt to save yourself, only to become so depressed that you drink an amnesia potion. Smile

On the down side, I know you've said before that you don't have a lot money but I really think you need to get a new graphics card.

Maybe even a new pc Sad

Wait to spoil most of the game for him! damn use spoiler tags!!

and on topic, I doubt amnesia caused te graphics card issue, there is no way the card could melt while the game is not running...must be a coincidence.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2010, 07:52 AM by mikael.)
10-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Website Find
Urrah Offline

(10-25-2010, 08:06 PM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: Wait to spoil most of the game for him! damn use spoiler tags!!

F**K, I'm such an idiot. Sorry Nemet.
10-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

(10-26-2010, 01:34 PM)Urrah Wrote:
(10-25-2010, 08:06 PM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: Wait to spoil most of the game for him! damn use spoiler tags!!

F**K, I'm such an idiot. Sorry Nemet.

Well he wont be playing any pc games for a while anyway! Tongue edit ur post if u didnt already, and add spoiler tags so others dont get spoiled! Big Grin
10-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Website Find
Urrah Offline

(10-27-2010, 01:48 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: Well he wont be playing any pc games for a while anyway! Tongue edit ur post if u didnt already, and add spoiler tags so others dont get spoiled! Big Grin

Somebody's already edited my post, thanks to whoever it was.

That's the first time I've ever forgotten to add spoiler tags, guess that's what I get for typing at 3am when I've only had 5 hours sleep.

Oh well, knowing the story or not Amnesia's still the most horrifying game in existence. Though that doesn't stop me from feeling like douchebag. Sad
10-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

(10-25-2010, 06:29 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: I... I'm speechless. Due to the Driver Changing that Amnesia was requiring, my PC is toasted for good. I'm writing from a different computer. My Graphics Card was damaged by the heat as it looks cooked, and the PC doesn't even start. I am forced to declare my PC toasted.
TIP: I'm writing from a different PC.
TIP2: The Fan for the Graphics Card is rusted. It will never work again.

WOW YOUR A MORON! The fan is rusted. which means amnesia DID NOT DO IT! amnesia did not come in your house and rust up your fan okay? damn i hate when people blame hardware issues on software which very seldom is the cause!
(10-27-2010, 09:47 AM)Urrah Wrote:
(10-27-2010, 01:48 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: Well he wont be playing any pc games for a while anyway! Tongue edit ur post if u didnt already, and add spoiler tags so others dont get spoiled! Big Grin

Somebody's already edited my post, thanks to whoever it was.

That's the first time I've ever forgotten to add spoiler tags, guess that's what I get for typing at 3am when I've only had 5 hours sleep.

Oh well, knowing the story or not Amnesia's still the most horrifying game in existence. Though that doesn't stop me from feeling like douchebag. Sad

its all good. i dont think anyone will hold a grudge... except santa...he never forgets! Tongue
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2010, 09:00 PM by Spooder Wekd.)
10-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Website Find
house Offline

Threads: 11

(10-25-2010, 01:34 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: DAM! I almost lost my PC. First I began to smell smoke around in the room. Then I notice that something is glowing in the PC, as it was hot. WHen I take the cover off, I notice that the Graphics Card began to melt! It made a strange sound, like a very soft boom that sounded like a soft fart that you can't hear if you are 2m from the PC. Lucky I noticed it kinda soon. The melting affected only 3% of the Graphics Card. It turned out that the Card became affected by Amnesia, only way to explain the crashes I keep having with other games, like Doom 3. At any rate, I need to keep an eye on the PC, because when I turned the PC back on, I heard the same sound as before, when I noticed the Card began to melt. Also, someone is on the way to make out most of the stuff, so that we can find out what happened. Sure it was the fan, because each time AMnesia froze, the fan turned off. My screen just messed up. And I'm smelling SMOKE!

HOLY FREAK! I'D GET NOOOOOO! IF THAT HAPPENED TO MY MONITOR! Good thing it didn't blow up. Smile Drink something so you get amnesia so you forget all about your games, and your computer problem. Smile *Just Kidding*
10-29-2010, 04:30 AM
Find