Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gameplay Crashing problem. Tried everything.
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Gameplay Crashing problem. Tried everything.

No luck, the crash completely destroyed some of my Omega Driver files, reinstallation didn't help. Even used Driver Sweeper. But nothing
Still crashing. I'll keep looking into it for more info. Also, the TroubleShooting Guide didn't help at all. The Patch... WIthout it, the game would go like 1 frame per 10 seconds. So i am using the patch.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2010, 02:31 PM by Robby.)
10-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Website Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Gameplay Crashing problem. Tried everything.

Okay do the following in this order.
1)Uninstall Amnesia and remove ALL files. (except your save game, you can keep that...)
2)Restart your computer
3)Update your Drivers for sound and graphics
4)Restart your computer
5)Install Amnesia
6)Restart your computer
7)Run Amnesia launcher as *ADMIN*
8)In task manager, set affinity to one core
9)Tell me if it works.
10-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Spooder Wekd, it didn't work. Still crashing. What in the Nil is it's problem??!?!?!?!?

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Website Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

Wow, If that didn't work (and sorry for makin you do all that without it working) then i donno whats goin on...
Might be a windows error? is your windows version up to date?
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2010, 09:13 PM by Spooder Wekd.)
10-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Website Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Unfortunly some cards just have terrible drivers. The game should work on X1000 cards though. I tried on X1350 when creating patch and then it worked with using the legacy ATI drivers.

Have you updated Amnesia to 1.01? Could not see this mentioned.
10-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Looks like he is:
(10-24-2010, 02:30 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: The Patch... WIthout it, the game would go like 1 frame per 10 seconds. So i am using the patch.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2010, 08:50 AM by Yuhaney.)
10-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

DANG! Now I've got a big-ass problem. All of the games on my computer crash in the same way Amnesia is! Looks like I will need a new PC now. I'll try to look into it.

10-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

DAM! I almost lost my PC. First I began to smell smoke around in the room. Then I notice that something is glowing in the PC, as it was hot. WHen I take the cover off, I notice that the Graphics Card began to melt! It made a strange sound, like a very soft boom that sounded like a soft fart that you can't hear if you are 2m from the PC. Lucky I noticed it kinda soon. The melting affected only 3% of the Graphics Card. It turned out that the Card became affected by Amnesia, only way to explain the crashes I keep having with other games, like Doom 3. At any rate, I need to keep an eye on the PC, because when I turned the PC back on, I heard the same sound as before, when I noticed the Card began to melt. Also, someone is on the way to make out most of the stuff, so that we can find out what happened. Sure it was the fan, because each time AMnesia froze, the fan turned off. My screen just messed up. And I'm smelling SMOKE!

10-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

How old your PC is then?

10-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Website Find
Urrah Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Shocked  RE: Gameplay Crashing problem. Tried everything.

(10-25-2010, 01:34 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: DAM! I almost lost my PC. First I began to smell smoke around in the room. Then I notice that something is glowing in the PC, as it was hot. WHen I take the cover off, I notice that the Graphics Card began to melt! It made a strange sound, like a very soft boom that sounded like a soft fart that you can't hear if you are 2m from the PC. Lucky I noticed it kinda soon. The melting affected only 3% of the Graphics Card. It turned out that the Card became affected by Amnesia, only way to explain the crashes I keep having with other games, like Doom 3. At any rate, I need to keep an eye on the PC, because when I turned the PC back on, I heard the same sound as before, when I noticed the Card began to melt. Also, someone is on the way to make out most of the stuff, so that we can find out what happened. Sure it was the fan, because each time AMnesia froze, the fan turned off. My screen just messed up. And I'm smelling SMOKE!

F**k!!! Lucky you weren't hurt.

On the bright side…
Spoiler below!
…at least you didn't steal an orb, have a shadow hunt you, torture a bunch of people in a futile attempt to save yourself, only to become so depressed that you drink an amnesia potion. Smile

On the down side, I know you've said before that you don't have a lot money but I really think you need to get a new graphics card.

Maybe even a new pc Sad
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2010, 07:47 AM by mikael.)
10-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Find