Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gameplay Crashing problem. Tried everything.
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Gameplay Crashing problem. Tried everything.

I have this problem. Amnesia Runs perfectly but crashes after some minutes of gameplay. Graphics Card is ATI x1330/ x1550 series. The version for ATI CCC i used at first was 9.3. Amnesia crashed after 5-6 minutes of gameplay at that time.
Today I updated my driver. Now my ATI CCC version is 10.2. Amnesia doesn't crash that soon, but still does. It crashes like 10 minutes after the Main Menu appears. Also applied the patch, but still experiencing crashes.
I looked into other threads and found one that had the exact same problem. And there was something about Omega Drivers. Don't know how to use those so i would need a little help. TY.

PS. CCC means Catalyst Control Center. In case you didn't know.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Gameplay Crashing problem. Tried everything.

Have you checked this?
Also, try turning Catalyst A.I. off, and see if that helps.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2010, 03:06 PM by Yuhaney.)
10-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

I took a look at the Trouble Shooting guide, that is how i made the game last longer, and the Catalyst A.I, now trying that out. Hope it will help. Will report back.
Turning the Catalyst A.I off didn't seem to help. To be clear, before the Catalyst A.I would be off, after like 10 mins, crash. With the Catalyst A.I off, after like 14-15 mins the crash would happen again.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2010, 05:59 PM by Robby.)
10-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Tried to do a heat test to see if the heat the computer generates causes the crash. It doesn't seem to be the heat. I used a program like Speed Fan. The temp. yesterday was at 55C as the top.
Now it was 48C when it crashed. Exactly fifteen minutes after i started the game it crashed. And im getting a little nervous.

10-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

I think I discovered the problem. The game was not crashing after all. The monitor turned to a black screen during gameplay, and if i opened Task Manager it was all back to normal. Is there a way to fix black screen during gameplay? That appears to be my problem now. JUst reinstalled the game and rebooted, then the crash was gone, but the black screen came. I'll try to experiment with some settings to see the cause.

10-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Tried to experiment, got nothing, but instead of the black screen, now it is crashing again. I decided to downgrade my graphics driver so that i can find the perfect level for the Graphics Driver. No luck so far.
Also, I checked the Trouble Shooting guide many times. Didn't help. I can run Penumbra games easily, but Amnesia crashes during gameplay. Each graphics driver type appears to cause a crash, some of which give a Renderer #0 can't be initiated error. I'm using version 10.2. I can't seem to work it out on my own. Need some good help on this one. Im getting nervous now.
I managed to Update with the help of OMEGA Drivers. Helped for a moment, but then it crashed, and after trying to launch again, i got a black box. Amnesia.exe caused Exception_Access_violation in AMnesia.exe. But now, the video card system says: GDI Generic. Which is why i get the Exception Acces Violation error.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2010, 08:56 PM by Robby.)
10-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Updated my Drivers once more, the video card problem "GDI Generic" got fixed up, still experiencing crashes, but im trying to fix this up myself. But im loosing hope. So help would be appreciated. TY. Will report back on my progress later on.

10-23-2010, 08:10 AM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

I'm sorry, but I have no experience with fixing the crashing and stuff, so I guess you'll have to wait untill developer joins in.

10-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Updated the driver to Omega Driver 7.12 as the system shows, game runs fine, but still crashes. I'm loosing hope with this. It runs normally, but crashes like 20 mins of gameplay.

10-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

I lost hope, tried out 18 different drivers for ATI including the Omega Drivers, but im still getting crashes. How can I run Penumbra series fine, when I can't run this? It sounds abnormal, and im disappointed. If anyone had a problem, in which Amnesia crashed during gameplay, but fixed it up, please post it here. Each driver crashed like 10 mins after i launched the game. Weird **** going 'round here.

10-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Website Find