Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't reach the upper floor with all boxes
Mirkuli Offline

Threads: 1
Can't reach the upper floor with all boxes

Hello

I stuck at the very beginning, after i followed the pink spots, i collected all boxes to climb up to the upper floor but it doesen't work i can't get up with all the chairs and all that stuff. i tried it 5 hours but i'm too stupid to go forward in this game

Picture:

[Image: EWmbPl.jpg]
10-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Can't reach the upper floor with all boxes

You don't need to climb there.
Even if you manage to get there, it probably just leads into another room which is totally empty and makes the game glitch.

10-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Mirkuli
Spoiler below!

Pick up the lantern and go to the right. Pass one big room with furnace and you will end up in a room with hidden door (level on the wall to the left of you)

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-26-2010, 04:25 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

Great, now i have to try to get up there to see where it leads.....
10-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Website Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

About 2-3 people have gotten up there.

Spoilers: There's another hole in the ceiling of the next room up!
10-28-2010, 01:40 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I hope that in next game Frics note that, Would be nice to climb somewhere and find nice detailed room/location or easter egg.

EXPLORING. GIMME!

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-28-2010, 05:25 AM
Find
house Offline

Threads: 11

You aren't supposed to get up there.
10-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Find
Ordvana Offline

Threads: 0

Hullo, lads. Some of you may have read my 'exploration' post related to this mesmerising hole in the ceiling on Steam forums. For those of you who didn't and yet are still wondering if there's anything up there, here are my findings. Hope it's okay to repost. )

So... I myself spent a solid hour building up a pile of crates to reach that hole - I failed on my actual playthrough (I managed to pile up just enough to have a peek at the upper floor when jumping), but I did develop my crate piling skills by the end of the game, when I created somewhat reliable stairs in some hidden lab (no spoilers, sorry). To my dismay, all I achieved there was bumping my head against some invisible ceiling which emanated some pretty light.

A-anyway. I started up a new game, put on my stair building trousers, and piled up a heap of crates (in neat zigzags) in that room in the beginning - just enough to reach that second floor. Here's my setup:

[attachment=806]

After that, I turned over that smaller 'tower' of crates and wedged the last cubic crate underneath it - so that the last parallelepiped-shaped one was at the top. I then jumped over to my hell of a tower, grabbed that last box, and placed it on top. Then I climbed the improvised stairs, hopped onto the upper floor... only to see this:

[attachment=807]

Yep. An empty room with no walls. )
And when I actually tried reaching for one of the walls, I fell outside the map:

[attachment=808]

Jolly fun.

Here's my save file in case you should want to try that for yourselves: http://www.mediafire.com/?1mfnh7p40sfxy9c

Cheers. )
11-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

Quote:A-anyway. I started up a new game, put on my stair building trousers, and piled up a heap of crates (in neat zigzags) in that room in the beginning - just enough to reach that second floor. Here's my setup:

That is EXACTLY the set up I used! It fell just as I got up there, another second and I would've been so damn pissed!
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2010, 05:53 AM by Spooder Wekd.)
11-07-2010, 05:53 AM
Website Find
Ordvana Offline

Threads: 0

(11-07-2010, 05:53 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: I would've been so damn pissed!

) Aye.

In all honesty, that's actually a nice warning on FG's part: you can almost hear those shaking crates creak in chorus, 'There's no Alice in the rabbit hole. Trying to squeeze into it could lead to fractures and bedridden Wonderlands. Not sorry for inconvenience. Not sorry for inconve...'

Damn you, accurst sense of accomplishment. )
11-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Find