Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stutter/freezing problem
trilbynorton Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Stutter/freezing problem

Hello all,

I bought Amnesia through Steam a few days ago, and it works perfectly on high settings, except for this strange stutter or freeze that occurs occasionally. I've used Fraps, and it's not a framerate issue (the game runs on a sold 30-40 FPS, even during the stutter). Instead, the game locks up for about a second and then resumes. There doesn't appear to be any definite cause; it happens when moving, when looking, sometimes when picking up items or turning on the lantern. It's not a massive problem, but it does break the immersion in a game that is all about immersion.

Here are my system specs in case they're relevant:

Acer 5732Z laptop
Windows 7
2.2GHz Intel Pentium dual core processor
4GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

I've tried a lot of the things mentioned on this forum, including updating my graphics driver, dropping the settings to low, turning off SSAO, and none of them stop this stutter. Like I said, it's not a huge problem, but any help in eliminating it would be appreciated.

Trilby
10-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Find
WhiteKnight Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Stutter/freezing problem

Hi there, pretty much the same problem I am experiencing with my system, which is more than capable to run the game at MAX settings...it stutter even if the frames drop from 60 to 51 or 54 so don't think it's a framerate issue either. Have you tried running in Windows XP? I did get better performance when running the game in XP.
10-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Find
trilbynorton Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Stutter/freezing problem

Unfortunately I don't have access to XP, so I can't test that out. I have been doing some experimenting, though, and it seems that, while the stutter still exists at lower settings, it's not quite as bad. So, until I can find the source, it seems best to play the game on those lower settings.
10-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Find