Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Inventory Script File (How to combine two items)
anzki Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Inventory Script File (How to combine two items)

(10-27-2010, 09:35 PM)Arvaga Wrote: I made it work but only using the main's folder inventory file (you know, the one with all the game's combinations).
I tried it with a script in a map but it would do what you described (no complaints about combination not working, but the function wouldn't execute).
And I tried to make an inventory.hps in my custom story's folder (along with custom_story_settings.cfg) but it wouldn't work that way =/ (usual combination not working message would show).

Does your inventory.hps file works? (and with "works" I mean does your custom story runs it?)

I tested it with local var and it wasn't declared; it does not run it... How could I make it to run it. (Tried to check the original games config files in case there would be something I could use on my custom story config file, but couldn't find anything relevant....)

[Image: 2qnr5av.png]
10-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Find
house Offline

Threads: 11

(10-27-2010, 09:35 PM)Arvaga Wrote: I made it work but only using the main's folder inventory file (you know, the one with all the game's combinations).
I tried it with a script in a map but it would do what you described (no complaints about combination not working, but the function wouldn't execute).
And I tried to make an inventory.hps in my custom story's folder (along with custom_story_settings.cfg) but it wouldn't work that way =/ (usual combination not working message would show).

Does your inventory.hps file works? (and with "works" I mean does your custom story runs it?)

Man! Do we instead, need to name it: extra_inventory? I don't know really. Probably not. We probably need to overwrite the real inventory.hps file.
10-29-2010, 01:43 AM
Find
anzki Offline

Threads: 6

Actually tried above Big Grin Also tried "(Story Name)_Inventory.hps" = no effect.
Also it could be "custom_story_inventory.hps" but I am too busy(=lazy) to try it atm.
Also replacing inventory.hps would help(also containing all the game's entries.), but in that case you couldn't play other custom stories after it had been replaced again.

[Image: 2qnr5av.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2010, 02:31 PM by anzki.)
10-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Find