Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Explore the universe with No Man's Sky
icyplanet Offline

Threads: 2
Explore the universe with No Man's Sky

So... who's been playing this? I've read bits and bobs and it sounds fascinating. This review wasn't so positive, but I'm just watching the first 15 mins and I'm pretty enthralled Wink

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/13/n...sky-review

Maybe the gameplay and novelty gets old quickly, but it sounds exciting to travel the universe without a goal in mind. I dunno...maybe it would get boring after a while, but I really wanna check this out at least.
08-15-2016, 08:20 AM
Find
Filizitas Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Explore the universe with No Man's Sky

Dont trust IGN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDP0Xodpas4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyBVTOiMshA

Tentacle raping guy is coming for ya Q.Q Watcha gonna do?
08-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Find
icyplanet Offline

Ha, you mean... never trust them at all? They've always been the first place I go to for game reviews. Always found them insightful and interesting.
08-15-2016, 12:05 PM
Find
Filizitas Offline

Threads: 7

There is quite alot of material about IGN and Metacritic beeing involved in weird shit.
Manipulation and Reviews that are ready before the press version of a game is even out...

Just google IGN paid reviews and manipulation.

Start trusting more then one source, one person can lie effortly but many can effectly tell the truth.

Tentacle raping guy is coming for ya Q.Q Watcha gonna do?
08-15-2016, 12:24 PM
Find
J.R.S.S. Offline

Threads: 5

Reviews from a vast majority of players (not critics) have been disappointed. Once again, a game that received too much hype for its own good. No matter how good it could of been, it wouldn't live up to the delusional standards and hopes of people.

Haven't seen this large of a disappointment since Spore... I try to forget that.

After the scheme that is Elite: Dangerous and the disappointment of No Man's Sky (thank you Sony), there's only Star Citizen that remains. Perhaps it'll be the shining star in all of this (no pun intended).

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2016, 04:56 AM by J.R.S.S..)
08-16-2016, 04:54 AM
Website Find
icyplanet Offline

Hmm, I dunno... you can google anything to find evidence for what you want.
08-16-2016, 10:59 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

I played it. The game is garbage and a waste of money so far. Glad I wasn't hyped about it.
08-16-2016, 11:57 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(08-15-2016, 12:05 PM)icyplanet Wrote: Ha, you mean... never trust them at all? They've always been the first place I go to for game reviews. Always found them insightful and interesting.

[Image: SLQJc.gif]

Seriously though, they might be interesting - maybe even insightful, yes - but I no longer take anyone's word as the actual "truth" in a subjective area such as popular culture (cult followings, anyone?). Someone says that something is the worst game/movie in the decade and I might actually enjoy it to some extent. Same works the other way around too.

For me reviews are very subjective since it's just one persons opinion. If people say in quantities that it's "bad" then I am lowering my expectation and if they praise it, I raise my expectation but in no way am I letting it become the only thing that matters. In the end how I experience things myself is the only factor that matters. If I like it I like it and if I don't I don't, my opinion might change anyway in the future as my knowledge and experience grows. Someone else will disagree in both cases and that's fine. Another thing is that I very rarely buy games at release so I don't usually get into the hype before launch. My expectations are many times very low since I play the games years after the original release and due to this I enjoy a lot of games.

In other area such as GPU or CPU review I look at the statistics, not the opinion to make my decision.

However, if you feel that the source is trust worthy then go for it by all means. Who am I to judge? But what I still have to say is that be critical and check other sources too.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2016, 03:44 PM by Yuhaney.)
08-16-2016, 12:16 PM
Website Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22

Apparently, it's not just about the game failing to live up to the hype. There are also a lot of things that were promised to be in the game that ended up not being there. This post on Reddit details all of those things:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGam...ront_page/

The list is very long. And to make matters worse, even the video on the Steam page for No Man's Sky shows features that do not exist. It's looking less like the game failed to meet expectations and more like players were being intentionally misled.

Not to mention the whole thing about the creator saying that there would be no paid DLC (only free patches) then a week later announcing upcoming paid DLC.
08-18-2016, 09:52 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

You know, I think Starbound is one of the best alternatives to No Man's Sky at the moment, at least there is new things to find as you progress and an actual goal and missions via the game's story.

Also, found this gem:

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
08-20-2016, 04:38 PM
Find