Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

With your next venture..
Perfectionist Offline

Threads: 2
With your next venture..

I don't think these mistakes should be repeated.

(I did add this in another thread i posted in but in a way its hijacking it).

Graphics / Physics: I only wanted a bit better, like with clothes being on floor etc. Things like ink being turned upside down would drop feather pen and leak out. When facing away from torches the light would not be dim on held objects like books compaired to facing them. An option to remove glow on items that can be picked up (i am a bit old school and prefer to mouse over and see it change to know it can be - it looks better too). Curtains being able to be pulled, if can hold one book can move all, different paintings if all in the same building.

Less bugs: Like with scare moments no longer there after death (if it was to make easier for the gamer then at least 3 constant deaths in a row - as we know what to expect after first death its automatically easier next time round), when leaving and re-entering a room it wouldn't respawn things like the painting and bottle with key inside even though i had the key, doors smashed down would be fixed and oil in kegs would come back.

Ambience: The sounds were great in it and so was the music but i wouldn't have the music change so quickly reading notes, a fade would have been better - if intense music then kept not distracting the mood. Also with my headphones i would hear things like wind in inappropriate places like corners of ceilings.

AI: Loved the fear factor but i could easily jump into a corner full of boxes and not be hit by it, would have been good if they could destroy even more of the environment.

With them things and what previously mentioned i know i would definitely be waiting for your next survival horror.
10-31-2010, 03:20 AM
Find
ThePaSch Offline

Threads: 11
RE: With your next venture..

(10-31-2010, 03:20 AM)Perfectionist Wrote: I don't think these mistakes should be repeated.

(I did add this in another thread i posted in but in a way its hijacking it).

Graphics / Physics: I only wanted a bit better, like with clothes being on floor etc. Things like ink being turned upside down would drop feather pen and leak out. When facing away from torches the light would not be dim on held objects like books compaired to facing them. An option to remove glow on items that can be picked up (i am a bit old school and prefer to mouse over and see it change to know it can be - it looks better too). Curtains being able to be pulled, if can hold one book can move all, different paintings if all in the same building.
How are these "mistakes"?
What would you gain from curtains being able to be pulled? That would add no gameplay at all.
(10-31-2010, 03:20 AM)Perfectionist Wrote: Less bugs: Like with scare moments no longer there after death (if it was to make easier for the gamer then at least 3 constant deaths in a row - as we know what to expect after first death its automatically easier next time round)
It's not a bug, it's on purpose - but I agree, that should be changed.
10-31-2010, 04:32 AM
Find
house Offline

Threads: 11

I think the game is good how it is.
10-31-2010, 06:11 AM
Find
Perfectionist Offline

Threads: 2

Realism to the fantasy regarding curtains etc. I had not long entered the game and liked how you pulled / pushed the mouse to open doors.. noticed curtains by some paintings so wondered if i could pull the drapes sideways but noticed they were fixed. Having some things movable and others not like books aswell kind of made the game have more of a linear feeling.

With the lighting, if it works that way and you actually have to face a torch to light up a book in the dark then i imagine that is what it is like with your sanity, facing away wouldnt get the affect as facing toward even though your standing right in front of it.

Oh and one more thing, my gamma was set so i could barely see the right box but even so the transition to the white background before entering memory i found was a touch too bright after being in the dark all that time.
10-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Find