Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Should I buy this game?
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Should I buy this game?

The tinderboxes are used to light incidental light sources found around the place - torches and candles, lamps and such. If you don't stay in the light very often, you'll either be easily locatable by unfriendly types, or you'll have to huddle under lamps every so often for a minute or two recovering after a stint in the dark.

It's really not an action game at all, and strongly urges you to role play as the character you're playing more than games like Half Life, where you only control Gordon. In Amnesia, you ought to BE Daniel, feel his fear, find Alexander because your past was wiped and only he seems to hold answers.
11-01-2010, 04:48 AM
Find
flcn27 Offline

Threads: 4

Just to let you guys know that I bought Amnesia! I'll probably buy the Penumbra collection as well and another copy of Amnesia for my dad, lol :p
11-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Find
Deu sex Offline

Threads: 26

(11-01-2010, 05:29 PM)flcn27 Wrote: Just to let you guys know that I bought Amnesia! I'll probably buy the Penumbra collection as well and another copy of Amnesia for my dad, lol :p

you made the right decision !

XD
11-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Find
INCyr Offline

Threads: 1

(10-31-2010, 05:20 PM)Zanderat Wrote:
(10-31-2010, 05:09 PM)Scraper Wrote: For the info you gave, I suggest you to buy Penumbra collection. (I personally liked them more than Amnesia)

...and in the end, if you end up liking the game, you get more gameplay from the collection (three games) than you get in Amnesia (single game).
One thing that I would suggest is that if you get Penumbra, come back here ask about the simple swing tweak. Trust me.

I just picked up Amnesia and Penumbra this weekend (thanks for the sale, Frictional!) and am now curious about the simple swing tweak. I've done a search of the forums. and don't find any real information on it. Care to elaborate?

Thanks!
11-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Find
BulletInTheHart Offline

If you like story driven immersive horror. Then you will love Amnesia. I think what determines which game(s) you get FIRST can only be content based. If you prefer the idea of modern trapped underground game then Penumbra collection is the one for you but if you prefer an 1800s castle horror then its definitely amnesia

"If you're mind makes up what you see then who's to say you're not just seeing what you want?"
11-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Find
flcn27 Offline

I played the Amnesia demo with a friend today and we had a lot of fun :p we turned off the light of course. He started playing but after 1 minute he asked me to continue, lol >.<
Anyway there was a strange bug in the demo that caused the entire screen to flip upside down, so we were basically walking on the roof. It made the game less scary and more difficult because it was hard to solve some of the puzzles and we got lost quite a few times XD.
I'll probably start playing the full game tomorrow. 3-4 hours a week, 20-30 minutes for each session Big Grin.
It's definitely a very scary game but I think that if you beat this game, it'll also help you in real-life (if you're not an "I-eat-horror-games-and-movies-for-breakfast" guy already Tongue).
11-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Find
BulletInTheHart Offline

(11-01-2010, 09:35 PM)flcn27 Wrote: Anyway there was a strange bug in the demo that caused the entire screen to flip upside down, so we were basically walking on the roof. It made the game less scary and more difficult because it was hard to solve some of the puzzles and we got lost quite a few times XD.

its not a bug its a feature of the game that can be turned off, i had the same experience though i didnt like the feature and everyone just turns it off. just go to graphics and click insanity off. it is just a feature that didnt really work out that well Smile

"If you're mind makes up what you see then who's to say you're not just seeing what you want?"
11-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Find
flcn27 Offline

(11-01-2010, 09:43 PM)BulletInTheHart Wrote:
(11-01-2010, 09:35 PM)flcn27 Wrote: Anyway there was a strange bug in the demo that caused the entire screen to flip upside down, so we were basically walking on the roof. It made the game less scary and more difficult because it was hard to solve some of the puzzles and we got lost quite a few times XD.

its not a bug its a feature of the game that can be turned off, i had the same experience though i didnt like the feature and everyone just turns it off. just go to graphics and click insanity off. it is just a feature that didnt really work out that well Smile

Lol really? Because it was really confusing and totally destroyed the tension of this game. There was a hole in the floor that I had to jump through but since I was standing on the roof I had to crouch to get past it -.-' Took me a few minutes to figure that out.
There were also 'sharp things' (red stuff?) on the floor that 'slashed' my screen but since I was walking on the roof I could never see them, so that got me scared a few times >.< I thought an invisible monster was attacking me.
11-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Find
BulletInTheHart Offline

Lol really? Because it was really confusing and totally destroyed the tension of this game. There was a hole in the floor that I had to jump through but since I was standing on the roof I had to crouch to get past it -.-' Took me a few minutes to figure that out.
[/quote]

i had the exact same thing! i was so confused and my demo playthrough took ages, the game itself is so amazing one u turn that off though!!

11-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

+1 person buying the next frictional game (sorry pal, once youre in. your IN)
11-02-2010, 12:50 AM
Website Find