Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Should I buy this game?
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Should I buy this game?

I never got crazy enough to see the ceiling walk you mention, I stayed nice and sane throughout.
11-02-2010, 04:59 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

I've gotta get this game. Didn't hear it was out until it was and haven't thought much about it since. I've heard it's really good though. I'm playing lots of other games right now though.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
11-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Find
flcn27 Offline

Threads: 4

I've got a question.
I started playing the full game and was surprised that the beginning isn't the same as the demo (so the demo skips certain parts, I didn't know that).
Anyway, after about 20 minutes I arrived in a big hall with three doors, to the lab and two other areas. Do I have to enter all three areas in a certain order?
11-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Find
Blackhand Offline

Threads: 1

(11-01-2010, 09:43 PM)BulletInTheHart Wrote:
(11-01-2010, 09:35 PM)flcn27 Wrote: Anyway there was a strange bug in the demo that caused the entire screen to flip upside down, so we were basically walking on the roof. It made the game less scary and more difficult because it was hard to solve some of the puzzles and we got lost quite a few times XD.

its not a bug its a feature of the game that can be turned off, i had the same experience though i didnt like the feature and everyone just turns it off. just go to graphics and click insanity off. it is just a feature that didnt really work out that well Smile

That is a bug, it is fixed in the patch and should also be fixed in the newer version of the demo on Steam.
11-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Find
BulletInTheHart Offline

(11-03-2010, 05:15 PM)Blackhand Wrote:
(11-01-2010, 09:43 PM)BulletInTheHart Wrote:
(11-01-2010, 09:35 PM)flcn27 Wrote: Anyway there was a strange bug in the demo that caused the entire screen to flip upside down, so we were basically walking on the roof. It made the game less scary and more difficult because it was hard to solve some of the puzzles and we got lost quite a few times XD.

its not a bug its a feature of the game that can be turned off, i had the same experience though i didnt like the feature and everyone just turns it off. just go to graphics and click insanity off. it is just a feature that didnt really work out that well Smile

That is a bug, it is fixed in the patch and should also be fixed in the newer version of the demo on Steam.

Seriously? Well I played through the entire demo bugged up. Ach well.
(11-03-2010, 05:13 PM)flcn27 Wrote: I've got a question.
I started playing the full game and was surprised that the beginning isn't the same as the demo (so the demo skips certain parts, I didn't know that).
Anyway, after about 20 minutes I arrived in a big hall with three doors, to the lab and two other areas. Do I have to enter all three areas in a certain order?

Just immerse yourself and do whatever. You wont get stuck in the game or have to reload a save just cause you didn't go in one area before the next the game is designed far better than that. Just immerse yourself in the experience and go in whichever one you feel like.

"If you're mind makes up what you see then who's to say you're not just seeing what you want?"
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2010, 05:39 PM by BulletInTheHart.)
11-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Find
flcn27 Offline

(11-03-2010, 05:38 PM)BulletInTheHart Wrote: Just immerse yourself and do whatever. You wont get stuck in the game or have to reload a save just cause you didn't go in one area before the next the game is designed far better than that. Just immerse yourself in the experience and go in whichever one you feel like.

Lol, is 'none' an option? Big Grin It's really easy to immerse yourself in this game! I played in the dark, with a headset. I've never played with such patience in a game before. When I entered the big hall, I stopped for a while, and spent at least five minutes looking around, wondering what to do. I checked all the doors and tried to decide what the safest route was Tongue. Anyway, I'll continue tomorrow night!
11-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Find
BulletInTheHart Offline

(11-03-2010, 06:25 PM)flcn27 Wrote: Lol, is 'none' an option? Big Grin It's really easy to immerse yourself in this game! I played in the dark, with a headset. I've never played with such patience in a game before. When I entered the big hall, I stopped for a while, and spent at least five minutes looking around, wondering what to do. I checked all the doors and tried to decide what the safest route was Tongue. Anyway, I'll continue tomorrow night!

It really is a great game and I know what you mean everything is always so slowly paced but never boring it was meant to be played slowly and like you would really react. Have fun shitting yourself!

"If you're mind makes up what you see then who's to say you're not just seeing what you want?"
11-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Find
655321 Offline

Threads: 1

this game is about emotion, your heart pounds when you hear distant sounds and stuff like that, but its a really cool game, nothing out there that can compare to it, it is alone in it genre, story is have been great so far for me (haven't finished it).

Game is cheap, have had a lot of 8.5+ review scores and its from an indie developer who REALLY cares for its customers, what more can you ask for? Big Grin

With Microsoft you get Windows and Gates, with Linux you get the whole house!!!
11-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

If someone is dumb enough to ask if he/she should buy this game or not, then probably he/she shouldn't.

11-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Website Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

(10-31-2010, 05:09 PM)Scraper Wrote: For the info you gave, I suggest you to buy Penumbra collection. (I personally liked them more than Amnesia)

...and in the end, if you end up liking the game, you get more gameplay from the collection (three games) than you get in Amnesia (single game).

It took me five hours to complete both penumbra overture and black plague Dodgy

for amnesia it took like little less than nine hours.
11-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Find