Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some Language Questions...
Unregistered

RE: Some Language Questions...

Once a man, strong and Cyclopean,
awaiting his quest so calm and brave
kept always his one eye wide open
'til he sunk into the grave

...makes not much sense, but you probably know what I mean :-)
01-16-2007, 02:48 PM
timonator Offline

Threads: 3

I'm open for Lojban.
01-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Find
Unregistered

English language will be included on every cd right? I don't want to be forced to play the game in German (nothing against German, just that I prefer to play games in English) just because I bought it here in Switzerland.
01-24-2007, 08:59 PM
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23

Might have a choice of languege or something, if not you can always download an american version of the game/buy one off ebay/buy it illegally.

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
01-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Website Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Quote:English language will be included on every cd right? I don't want to be forced to play the game in German (nothing against German, just that I prefer to play games in English) just because I bought it here in Switzerland.

As far as I know all of the translated languages will be available on the CD no matter what country you buy it in.

In a worst case scenario we will make sure you can download all the english voices and text Smile
01-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Find
Unregistered

Do I still have a chance to do the German translation?

(Yeah, I know that I'm annoying)
01-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Quote:Do I still have a chance to do the German translation?

What we are going to do is to start gathering translations after release. The publisher is handling all of boxed translations but I am not sure how many of these that will go in the downloadable version.

Another good news that I probably have forgotten to say is that the game now as full Unicode support! The only exception are languages with a lot of signs in the alphabet (like Japanese), need to rewrite the font drawer for this.
01-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Find
Unregistered

If I understand right: German is probably in the box -> will be done by the publisher -> no chance...

Unicode support sounds good. And Japanese would be really cool! がんばって、ね。
01-31-2007, 01:40 PM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Landei Wrote:If I understand right: German is probably in the box -> will be done by the publisher -> no chance...

Unicode support sounds good. And Japanese would be really cool! がんばって、ね。

Well you are still free to translate the game when it is out Smile The downloadable version might not have a German translation and we will be very happy to get usermade translation.
02-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Find