Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Cannot Load Config File
Homicide13 Offline

Threads: 41
Cannot Load Config File

Ok, I feel like I'm missing something really stupid, but I've spent 30 minutes trying to find a solution to this problem and I still can't. I've followed the instructions here: http://hpl2.frictionalgames.com/amnesia:devenvguide and I just want to test my map...[/code]
My Main_settings.cfg file reads as following:
<Main ShowMenu="false" ExitMenuDirectly="true" SaveConfig="false" DefaultProfileName="dev_user" UpdateLogActive="false" LoadDebugMenu="true" StartLanguage="english.lang" ScreenShotExt="jpg" ForceCacheLoadingAndSkipSaving="false" ShowPreMenu="false" />
<Graphics TextureQuality="0" TextureFilter="2" TextureAnisotropy="16.000000" Gamma="0.800000" Shadows="1" SSAOActive="true" SSAOSamples="16" ShadowQuality="2" ShadowResolution="2" SSAOResolution="0" ParallaxEnabled="true" WorldReflection="true" EdgeSmooth="true" GBufferType="0" NumOfGBufferTextures="3" OcclusionTestLights="true" Refraction="true" ShadowsActive="true" ParallaxQuality="0" ForceShaderModel3And4Off="false" PostEffectBloom="true" PostEffectImageTrail="true" PostEffectSepia="true" PostEffectRadialBlur="true" PostEffectInsanity="true" />
<Engine LimitFPS="true" SleepWhenOutOfFocus="true" />
<Screen Width="1024" Height="768" FullScreen="true" Vsync="false" />
<Physics PhysicsAccuracy="2" UpdatesPerSec="60.000000" />
<Sound Device="0" Volume="0.200000" MaxChannels="32" StreamBuffers="4" StreamBufferSize="262144" />
<MapLoad FastPhysicsLoad="false" FastStaticLoad="false" FastEntityLoad="false" />

and my User_settings.cfg file reads as:
<Game ShowCommentary="false" ShowCrossHair="true" FocusIconStyle="Default" ShowDeathHints="true" ShowSubtitles="true" ShowEffectSubtitles="false" ShowHints="true" />
<Debug ShowFPS="false" ShowSoundPlaying="false" ShowPlayerInfo="false" ShowEntityInfo="false" SaveCheckPointOnMapLoad="false" ShowDebugMessages="false" UseProgLog="false" ScriptDebugOn="true" InspectionMode="false" DisableFlashBacks="false" DrawPhysics="false" ReloadFromCurrentPosition="true" AllowQuickSave="true" AllowQuickSave="true" />
<Input InvertMouse="false" SmoothMouse="true" MouseSensitivity="1.000000" />
<Map File="firstmap.map" Folder="custom/" StartPos="" />

However, when I launch Amnesia (through steam, wonder how much of a difference this makes) it gives me a blank screen and I have to ctrl + alt+ del out of it, where I see an error message "failed to load config file"

Sad I just want to test my map...

EDIT:
After looking some more, I realize that I could test my map by making a story for it, but I just want to open Amnesia and run this map directly, as http://hpl2.frictionalgames.com/amnesia:devenvguide claims I can do. From what I can gather, according to the website, it's telling me to put my map in "amnesia the dark decent/maps/myfolder" and to make the changes to the text files above and when I run amnesia it should simply start the map. It does not mention a config file, so I have no idea where to place one. The only config file I can think of is one I would create if I were trying to create a custom story, but I am not trying to do that... Sad I'm just really confused.

Edit again:
Never mind, I have figured out my problem. I had to set up a Custom story setup, but place it in the maps folder instead of the custom stories folder. Anyways, Thank You to anybody who would have helped ^^

11-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Find