Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Insanity
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Insanity

(11-04-2010, 02:23 PM)Homicide13 Wrote:
(11-04-2010, 10:35 AM)Nospheratu Wrote: In my opinion, the sanity effects are one of the cornerstones of Amnesia and they are an integral part of what makes this game so fabulously scary, so each player should definetly have them on Smile

Of course, I completely agree. Turning insanity off is like saying you're going to replace your texture pack with solid block colors. You can still play the game but it's going to be very bland. I was just asking if there was any in-game reason I should actually try to avoid insanity. Whenever I enter any room in this game, my first paranoid thought is "where can I hide from the monster if it appears?" and so I tend not to light any new lights to make hiding easier.

If you have low sanity enemies will find you VERY easily. So even if it is pitch black you need to be able to sit still. When lighting the environment you will not make the whole area bright most of the time, there is no need to do that. Besides, hiding behind something in a bright or bright-ish room is far more reliable than sitting in a dark corner. I remember one are i did not light at all, however, because I was too horrified and wanted an easy way to hide. I lit all surrounding rooms though...
hope this answers your question!
Besides, it is more reliable to hide behind
11-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Website Find