Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Cursed Summoning, part one
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Cursed Summoning, part one

OK, I'll try re-installing. The only other thing I can think of that might be a factor is that I'm playing on the Mac. Don't see why it would be a problem though since this hasn't caused any problems with other custom stories.

Wow - what a mansion!
10-18-2010, 06:18 AM
Find
Entih Offline

Threads: 4

Unless the Mac version suddenly makes the script function in question do nothing, it should not be so. And its the same precise function which makes the player move horizontally in the scenes, but you got that just fine, so... I really have no clue whats wrong on that.
10-18-2010, 06:24 AM
Find
waqas12346 Offline

Threads: 38

Can anyone please give me a link on mediafire Huh because megaupload is not good and also this website is blocked her Sad so please give me NEW LINK i will be very thankful to you Big Grin
11-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Website Find
Blackhide Offline

Threads: 1

Looks nice, but couldn't get far due to the following:

Spoiler below!

Once I consume the slow fall potion and return to the kitchen, a scripted event occurs where the character looks around. After this, the character becomes uncontrollable, and begins to inch towards the pit, where he gets stuck on the railing.

11-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7

Just like what happened to me (see my earlier posts). I can't finish the map.

Wow - what a mansion!
11-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

exellent map.

very small size, but long walkthrough and atmosphere horrible...
01-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Find
youremyonlyhopedood Offline

Threads: 1

(10-16-2010, 09:14 PM)Entih Wrote: Ah, finally, feels like I have been working on this for an eternity. Unreliable schedule for working on things like this, what with school and work. And to think, some people thought I'd never finish it!

The first map/chapter of the custom story I started just to feel out the scripting and editor is done, quite a bit grander than the original concept of 'figure things out'. It was not made to be hard, or challenging, or even long, but to just be interesting, thus is event and story centric rather than puzzle centric.

Screenshots, spoiler'd for size:
Spoiler below!

[Image: amnesia2010101615323238.png]

[Image: amnesia2010101615352876.png]

[Image: amnesia2010101615402275.png]

"I came to the dusk meeting as the note from the Higher Caste said, but sat idle and alone. Awaking from an ill timed slumber, I found remnants and discardings, as if they had the meeting while I slept. Where did everyone go?"

Download link here (Megaupload): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RCERFPY4

Hopefully I included everything there, but there's not much that could have been left out.

You just unzip the zip file such that the folder inside, 'CursedSummoning', is in the custom stories folder. If it does not show up in the custom story list after that, and you have more than one story, click on one that shows up and hit the up arrow on the keyboard. I have noticed that my story gets cut off for myself when there is another story that has a name that comes alphabetically after C.

Some fun facts. Over the course of making this map, Steam says I had played Amnesia for 55 hours. The main script file for the map is 1200 lines long. There may still be bugs at some points, but I have trouble replicating and isolating them to fix. There is a hidden area.

First person who finds the hidden area and screenshots the entrance (you'll know what I mean if you find it) and the hidden area itself without cheating gets a cookie.

Enjoy, and let me know how you liked it!

yeah i had the same problem as all these guys... just inchin toward that ledge!
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2011, 01:01 AM by youremyonlyhopedood.)
01-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Find