Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game suddenly refuses to open when first 34 hours ran perfect.
Thrashaero
Unregistered

Solved: 7 Years, 2 Months, 1 Week ago Thumbs Down  Game suddenly refuses to open when first 34 hours ran perfect.
So the game runs great...then suddenly refuses to load.
I click the play button on steam, popup asks if soma or mod, click ok on soma, says preparing to launch soma then my steam icon turns green as if the game is on, then it goes back to blue within a couple seconds..then nothing.
I haven't changed anything since install until this problem. I've read the troubleshooting guide. Turned off interfering programs. Reinstalled all the redists, verified game cache. no antivirus. deleted the user settings.cfg. tried running steam on administrator, tried running exe's manually and administrator, windows popup gives typical failed to initialize error code 0xc0150002..deleted and redownloaded, still the same.
w...t...f
why did it work so well and then suddenly stop? very finicky game, especially with all the various errors found in the attached log file.
Every other game runs fine still.

log file couldn't attach because of tiny 100kb limit, my log file is 897kb. what portion to attach?
12-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 7 Years, 2 Months, 1 Week ago RE: Game suddenly refuses to open when first 34 hours ran perfect.
You can upload the log to a site like Pastebin and provide the URL here for us to look.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Find
Thrashaero
Unregistered

Solved: 7 Years, 2 Months, 1 Week ago RE: Game suddenly refuses to open when first 34 hours ran perfect.
http://pastebin.com/8XQDBWfV

This is after I had reinstalled and actually got it working just fine from updating graphics drivers (despite it worked on previous version just fine). Now suddenly it's doing the same thing again. I tried updating graphics driver and rolling back and with clean installs but now it's stuck at the same problem as before, just quits with no message. This seems to run in tandem with Rising Storm 2 beta not launching as well, yet every other game works fine. Whatever that's worth. I know it must be on my end but I'd really like to fix this so I can get both games working and find the root problem, apparently even though updating drivers fixed it before, it doesn't anymore.Huh

Also, event viewer has error that 'mmc can't create snap in', worked fine after previous driver update, just like the games. But now is broken at the same time as the games and won't fix from new driver update or rollback.

Also, event viewer has error that 'mmc can't create snap in', worked fine after previous driver update, just like the games. But now is broken at the same time as the games and won't fix from new driver update or rollback.
12-09-2016, 10:13 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Your paste has been set to private so we can't see it. If you don't want it publicly, you can set it as unlisted when you create it and then only those with the link will see it.

But if it is as you say, then it definitely is suspicious that other things started breaking too, with that driver update.

12-09-2016, 11:04 PM
Find
Thrashaero
Unregistered

ok changed it to unlisted.
and it wasn't from a driver update that problems occurred. i had the problem go away with the first driver update. then i had a crash on Rising Storm 2 today where i couldn't alt tab or anything and i hit the reset button. now it's back to the same exact problem. except on a newer driver. rollback and update to latest driver (another version came out since last update) don't work, despite having cleared the problem before. and as mentioned before, event viewer's mmc snap in is broken simultaneously with these 2 games not running. after the last driver update it was fixed until now.
everything else, games, programs, etc run fine as far as i know, haven't tested everything. just seems these 3 so far.
12-10-2016, 06:35 AM
Thrashaero
Unregistered

Any ideas?
12-14-2016, 07:09 AM
Thrashaero
Unregistered

Turns out this is the file that went bad. Getting a fresh copy for Microsoft System Update Readiness tool aka CheckSUR to insert where it needs to go did the trick.

winsxs\Manifests\amd64_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_09c4cec9fac927dd.manifest
01-18-2017, 08:03 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.