Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Entity in Custom Stories
warlord1f Offline

Threads: 2
Custom Entity in Custom Stories

nothing is more worse than having to change things in normal amnesia folder for your custom story. i have been making custom entities. Like barrels with fire. Now i put those files in my customstory map under entities/barrel01 and in here i have put all the information about barrels.
the problem is soon as i add a barrel and change his Entity.ENT file to the one with fire it shows correctly in level editor and ingame too. But soon as i restart the Level Editor it disapears and also doesn't show ingame.

how can i fix this?
12-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: Custom Entity in Custom Stories

That is one weird glitch you have going on there!

Try renaming your asset (including textures, material files, particle effects, etc). I believe there's already a barrel with a very similar name to yours and it might be calling that entity instead! I'd also change the pathing to a personal entity/static object folder like what I've done for mine:
Spoiler below!

[Image: CLRhKHh.png]

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 11:12 PM by CarnivorousJelly.)
12-05-2016, 11:07 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Add custom_stories to your resources.cfg if it's not there.

<Directory Path="/custom_stories" AddSubDirs="true"/>

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-06-2016, 01:27 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Yeah unfortunately default Amnesia does not include the custom_stories directory as a resource area, so if you don't want the user to have to edit that one file (which a lot of people have gotten used to doing now), you're either gonna have to omit using custom assets, or create yourself a full conversion mod. With a mod you can control all the configuration yourself, but the installation might be a bit more intimidating for the user.

12-06-2016, 02:22 AM
Find