Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Blackbox Crash
Chronogyros Offline

Threads: 9
Not Solved Sad  Level Editor Blackbox Crash

I've been unable to find a solution to this problem and it's driving me crazy. Some time ago I re-installed the hpl editing tools and now I can't open any maps for Amnesia. Whenever I try to load any .map file in the level editor, I get a Blackbox error:

LevelEditor.exe has caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module LevelEditor.exe at 0023:0049CFE5

Attached is the level editor log. And an error log.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files
.rar   LevelEditor.rar (Size: 4.76 KB / Downloads: 124)
.rar   errorlog-21-01-2017(04.34.37).rar (Size: 7.3 KB / Downloads: 117)

Emma's Story Part II 100% Complete
01-21-2017, 05:43 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Not Solved RE: Level Editor Blackbox Crash

Quote:creating Entity named armor31,

This recurs a lot in your log file.

I presume it only crashes when you attempt to load this one specific map, not just any map?
If any, verify your game cache.

Are you using AMFP assets? Did you remember to delete the .msh files?

The log actually claims that you were successfully able to load a map (01_Awakening and 02_Attic), but then crashed upon loading another (03_RealWorld).

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2017, 09:06 AM by Mudbill.)
01-21-2017, 09:05 AM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

(Chrono's gone to bed, but I can answer this as I've been trying to help.)

So far, it's been every map. The cache integrity has been checked as well. I've even tried sending my working editor files to see if that did anything, but it was a nope.

01-21-2017, 09:14 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Well there are a lot of errors in the log, mostly relating to bad entity files. I'd fix those.

It crashes upon loading any map? But what if you make your own, new map? Does it crash after saving and re-opening?
What about opening a main campaign map?

If it crashes with a minimal map, post the log from that. It will be a lot more trimmed so it'd be easier to find the critical errors.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2017, 10:51 AM by Mudbill.)
01-21-2017, 10:51 AM
Find
Chronogyros Offline

(01-21-2017, 10:51 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Well there are a lot of errors in the log, mostly relating to bad entity files. I'd fix those.

It crashes upon loading any map? But what if you make your own, new map? Does it crash after saving and re-opening?
What about opening a main campaign map?

If it crashes with a minimal map, post the log from that. It will be a lot more trimmed so it'd be easier to find the critical errors.

It looks like I was too hasty when I said crashes upon loading any map. I was able to successfully load up the main Amnesia game maps, as well as create a simple map and load that. It seems to only crash when I load maps that have custom materials in them. What would cause this?

Here is a log of me loading a test map.

Attached Files
.log   LevelEditor.log (Size: 9.55 KB / Downloads: 94)

01-21-2017, 03:06 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Could you post your .map(s) that won't load? If the issue is confined to one or more maps, then there is something wrong with those maps in particular. If we can replicate the issue on our end, we may be able to fix it, which may or may not involve deleting entities / IDs via raw text editing.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-21-2017, 04:20 PM
Find
Chronogyros Offline

(01-21-2017, 04:20 PM)Aceromulator Wrote: Could you post your .map(s) that won't load? If the issue is confined to one or more maps, then there is something wrong with those maps in particular. If we can replicate the issue on our end, we may be able to fix it, which may or may not involve deleting entities / IDs via raw text editing.

It crashes when i try to load any map that has custom assets, like walls from Machine for Pigs for example. Here is a log of me trying to load one of my own maps from my mod, Emma's Nightmare. This mod was finished by me 2 years ago, but now I can't open my own maps to edit them if I wanted.

Here is the log me trying to open this map. And the map itself, which has assets from AMFP.

Attached Files
.log   LevelEditor.log (Size: 10.1 KB / Downloads: 83)
.rar   10_New_Mansion.rar (Size: 27.08 KB / Downloads: 90)

01-21-2017, 07:58 PM
Find
Chronogyros Offline

Anyone have any ideas?

01-24-2017, 06:30 AM
Find