Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia's Intro Crashes Halfway Through
0roboro Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 7 Years ago Exclamation  Amnesia's Intro Crashes Halfway Through

I have been having a problem with Amnesia's main game. In the first map during the intro when you start to walk down the stairs to the door as you black out, the game freezes but the audio and subtitles continue until the intro ends and you get up but the video still was frozen and the game crashes if you click anything.

Has anyone had this problem?

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 10.81 KB / Downloads: 152)
03-26-2017, 11:04 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 7 Years ago RE: Amnesia's Intro Crashes Halfway Through

Nothing in the log strikes me as an obvious issue. I can only suggest to reinstall the video drivers in case they are in some way corrupt. Also to disable display scaling on high DPI settings on the properties of Amnesia.exe.

03-26-2017, 11:38 PM
Find
0roboro Offline

(03-26-2017, 11:38 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Nothing in the log strikes me as an obvious issue. I can only suggest to reinstall the video drivers in case they are in some way corrupt. Also to disable display scaling on high DPI settings on the properties of Amnesia.exe.

I have the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" on already and my video drivers updates and downloads through GeForce Experience, so I don't believe it's my video card driver. I think it's something wrong with the map because it didn't happen before now and I haven't edit Amnesia maps or important files.
03-27-2017, 02:52 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

I've never heard of this issue before. I suppose you could try verifying the game cache via Steam (if that's where you own the game).

03-27-2017, 08:52 AM
Find
0roboro Offline

(03-27-2017, 08:52 AM)Mudbill Wrote: I've never heard of this issue before. I suppose you could try verifying the game cache via Steam (if that's where you own the game).

I verified my cache and now my game freezes right before it starts the main game as it's zooming in on the main menu. I also notice that this all started after I got the update that gives me the nonsteam version of Amnesia.
03-27-2017, 10:18 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Hmm.. You could try attaching a new log, but if it only freezes and you have to force it down, it usually misses important details. Still, it might help.

Does the same thing happen if you run the NoSteam version?

03-28-2017, 02:58 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

If you haven't already, try having a look at some of the background applications/drivers which are known to cause issues if they are running while playing Amnesia. They can be found in the Troubleshooting Guide under Problem A4.

The hpl.log states you're using an nVidia graphics processor as well -- Do you perhaps have nVidia GeForce Experience or an external application similar which may be altering Amnesia's graphical settings? If that's the case, maybe toy around with some of the settings or disable it altogether for Amnesia in case it is causing some inconsistencies.

A new log could also help pinpoint things if the crash has become something else entirely (since now, as you said, it now crashes at the start).

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2017, 03:40 PM by Romulator.)
03-28-2017, 03:09 PM
Find
0roboro Offline

I fix it after redownloading the whole game. I still don't know why it's happened in the first place but maybe my files got corrupted when it update with the non-steam version addon. Thank for trying to help, Sorry for the inconvenient guys. Hope to talk again in the future. Smile
03-28-2017, 11:30 PM
Find