Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't DL HPL2
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Can't DL HPL2

If that's what you did to make it work, there must be something else that triggered it. I can guarantee you that tabbing does not affect the functionality of the .lang file, unless the tabbing inserts illegal characters. I believe you can configure what the tab does in Notepad++ and other editors, but the defaults should be fine.

I'm a little curious why you're displaying the CR LF characters, but I don't think that should be an issue either.

For your script, I suggest you try to implement it without using the text boxes in the level editor. That way we can analyze the script purely from the script file without knowing much about the level.

PS: To add a new page to your notes, use [new_page] similar to [br].

04-19-2017, 01:38 PM
Find
Kimochii Offline

Threads: 1

Mudbill do you have fully explanatory videos about global.hps and inventory.hps files? Because I might need to use those for my story (hopefully, not, but if I do not have other choice, I have to).
04-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I don't have a fully explanatory video, but you can always look at the one from the original game. It has all the original code in it but may be a little harder to read.

Trying is the first step to success.
04-20-2017, 11:31 PM
Find
Kimochii Offline

Threads: 1

Ugh, that is gonna be a painful and traumatic experience.
I want a fully explanatory video(s) for those files so I can actually understand them..
Legit that is like going outside trying to understand the feelings of a completely random woman...

EDIT: Is there a way to set up a script to show a message after a note is read and closed?
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2017, 04:42 AM by Kimochii.)
04-21-2017, 03:13 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

The global.hps you can mostly ignore. It acts as a normal script file for all levels, except you can not call functions from across the level's hps file, so it's only really relevant for organizing your global variables or to use the OnGameStart() script, which can only be ran from there (and the inventory.hps file).

The inventory.hps file deals with inventoy related functions. I have a video on combining items in the inventory, where I use this file, so you can check that out.

I think you just run SetMessage on a normal SetEntityCallbackFunc (because that callback has a type for Pickup). Once you open the note, the level is frozen, so the script will not happen until you return to the level by closing the note.
IF it happens as you open it, you can trick it by adding a super short timer in between.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2017, 07:37 AM by Mudbill.)
04-21-2017, 07:37 AM
Find