Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia : The Dark Descent - Reviews
NGW Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Amnesia : The Dark Descent - Reviews

Xugo Gaming Review
http://www.xugogaming.com/article/790/am...ent_review
9/10

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
10-02-2010, 04:50 AM
Find
Doomshot Offline

Threads: 0

The largest Finnish gaming magazine (Pelit) gave it 90/100.
Well deserved score IMO.
10-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Find
Licaon_Kter Offline

Threads: 4

Experienced Points: Amnesia: The Dark Descent
by Shamus Young the guy behind Twenty Sided, DM of the Rings, Stolen Pixels, Shamus Plays and Spoiler Warning
11-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Find
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9

PC Gameplay (now renamed to Gameplay) is one of the biggest gaming magazines in Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg. Their review can only be read in their magazine on paper, and not online, but they gave Amnesia an astonishing 88%, the 2nd highest score ever for an Indie game, right after Braid. Also an extremely high score in general.
11-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

The GEE, a rather alternative German gaming magazine gave a short 'review' of Amnesia, I'll try to translate it:

With the games of the 'Penumbra'-series the Swedes from Frictional Games established their status as the master-builders of the architecture of fear. Their new game 'Amnesia', inspired by the works of the author H. P. Lovecraft (1890-1937), does their reputation credit: In the dark ruins of a haunted castel the archeologist Daniel, nearly insane and without memory of the events that brought him there, stumbles through the corridors.
Nerve-wrecking sounds and deadly schemes drive him further in the dungeon, which had to be the place of gruesome events. Although the darkness can protect him from the ghosts that threaten him - the longer he stays away from the scarce light sources, the more his environments undergo a disturbing transformation: the walls of the castle start to breathe, and the shadows begin to scream.
A masterpiece of fear that has long been absent from the gaming industry.

Or so. Big Grin

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
11-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Find
flcn27 Offline

Threads: 4

(11-07-2010, 02:05 PM)Tottel Wrote: PC Gameplay (now renamed to Gameplay) is one of the biggest gaming magazines in Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg. Their review can only be read in their magazine on paper, and not online, but they gave Amnesia an astonishing 88%, the 2nd highest score ever for an Indie game, right after Braid. Also an extremely high score in general.

Hey I live in the Netherlands but haven't bought the new issue of the PC Gameplay yet Big Grin But now I'll definitely buy it to read that review! Do you live in Belgium/the Netherlands?

sorry for getting off-topic xD I can't delete my reply :/

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2010, 04:33 PM by flcn27.)
11-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Find
MikeLtv1 Offline

Threads: 0

My review on this game: So scary that its awesome! Great shadow effects and sound. Sound confuses me a lot when playing especially when you are watching out for those No-Face or Bigmouth guys or whatever you want to call them. Its been a while since horror games got really scary like this one, its definitely is worth your $10/$20. 10/10
11-10-2010, 06:39 AM
Find
Niklas Offline

Threads: 9

Congrats not tottaly get bashed by yathzee Wink. Hearing him saying this game is scary is like a score of 100%
11-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Find