Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help on Triggering a function !!!
PeterP Offline

Threads: 3
Help on Triggering a function !!!

Hello there, I am working on a mod and I ran into a problem...

It may not even be possible, or maybe really easy and I am just dumb for not seeing it, but I really really want to add it in my mod and I have been trying to apply it for days with no results. I have added everything else I want and now I cannot continue without doing it -- or aborting it --

I want to trigger a function when any enemy gets within attack range to the player and I really thought it was simple but I appear to be unable to find it. Can anybody please help?

Note that the mod is a Full Conversion, so you can use the .cfg files in your solution. If anybody knows how to do this, please help. Thanks for your time everyone! ^.-
07-31-2017, 10:00 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Help on Triggering a function !!!

Hmm, I have a theory, but I'm not sure.
If it's possible to attach an entity to the player, you can attach a large, invisible cylinder and then use a collide callback with the enemy and the cylinder. If anyone knows if such attachments work, I think this could be worth trying, but I haven't touched on this particular aspect before so I don't know.

07-31-2017, 04:33 PM
Find
PeterP Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Help on Triggering a function !!!

Alright thanks I will try something along those lines, however I am not experienced with this stuff, I can only pray that I will make it work! Thanks again! ^.-
07-31-2017, 09:34 PM
Find