Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flashlight keeps turning off, and health regenerates ?
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29
Flashlight keeps turning off, and health regenerates ?

It took me a while to notice, but Simon's flashlight gradually gets dimmer and dimmer, and then turns itself off.

It's an inconvenience because sometimes it's very dim and you gotta toggle it to get the full brightness again. But also when I'm hiding from proxies, the light turns itself off and not only I'm in the dark but the proxy hears it Big Grin

Also does anyone know the exact mechanics of how the health works ? After being hit, the hurt effect disappears but does that also mean Simon is gradually healed without WAU flowers?
In Amnesia for instance Daniel always gradually healed by himself, but not to the maximum level, only Laundanum did that. Also does a WAU flower always heal you to the max or does it heal you a specific amount, (again, like laundanum)
08-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Flashlight keeps turning off, and health regenerates ?

While the flashlight is active, it slowly drains down to 0 (from 1) at a rate of 0.0025 per second. At that rate, it would take almost 7 minutes of continuous use for the flashlight to completely deplete.

While the flashlight is off, it replenishes at a rate of 0.1 per second, meaning that it will recharge from empty to full in only 10 seconds.

Yes, the health regenerates, but only up to 0.45 (again based on a range from 0 to 1) which means the hurt effect will diminish but won't go away entirely. Consuming a WAU flower will replenish the player's health to full regardless of the player's current health.

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2017, 09:15 AM by Abion47.)
08-07-2017, 09:13 AM
Find
cantremember Offline

That's quite interesting. Also I've read somewhere that even if you don't take any damage, your vision will slightly get color separation if you never use any of the WAU flowers. Is this purely a visual effect or does Simon automatically lose a slight amount of health? Is there a specific time at which this begins happening?

I've been trying to use noclip mode to find the apartment scene after Terry catches you but couldn't find it anywhere, is it a map of its own? In Theta when you fly around you're able to get to the areas Brandon wakes up in.
08-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I would assume the apartment vision is its own map, since you only load your way in there and when done, load your way out. The difference with Brandon's scenes is that both areas are loaded at once (the lab room with the PC and the simulation area) therefore it would probably be tricky to keep those as separate maps.

08-07-2017, 01:07 PM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22

The apartment vision is located in 02_07_theta_exit. You can find it by going to where Simon breaks out of the mind coral, facing the elevator doors, turn left, then go straight through the wall for a ways.

Fun fact. The model used for "Ashley" in that vision is the otherwise unused asset for "maggot girl":

Spoiler below!
[Image: Siz2M7z.jpg]

Ashley, I miss you...

Spoiler below!
[Image: QUvxjmZ.jpg]

DEAR SWEET GODS OF APPLESAUCE WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU

08-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Another fun thing I found out messing with debug, you can actually see Simon-3 sitting in the pilot seat at Phi

You "supposedly" can look in the direction of the seat when operating the crane, but it's too dark to make out anything. With "render overdraw" you're able to see a part of his head but even then you wouldn't notice unless you know. But if you use the camera to move around freely, there is a full model of Simon-3 sitting in the seat.

Although his visor is just black, you don't see his cortex chip like with the previous model. Also he has both arms even if you lost one.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2017, 10:32 PM by cantremember.)
08-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Find