Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fix SOMA changing colour profile
thevintageone
Unregistered

Not Solved How to fix SOMA changing colour profile
Hi there,
I've purchased SOMA for Mac quite a while ago. To get it out of the way: SOMA runs more than fine on my MacBook and it is certainly playable, I've no issues with graphic card. The only exception is that it changes colour profile to something extremely ugly (picture supplied
.jpg   123546 - 1.jpg (Size: 108.42 KB / Downloads: 275) ). It appears to do it system-wise – I could observe that when switching from one desktop to another. The colour profile returns to normal once the game is closed. As stressed before, the game is playable, but all that lemonish yellowishness gives me headaches.
Therefore the question is; is there a way to edit game files so that I can force it to use a certain colour profile or system–default one?

Pardon me if that's posted in the wrong section; I'm not sure whether this should be posted here or among modding threads.
09-13-2017, 11:54 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Not Solved RE: How to fix SOMA changing colour profile
Does it swap back to the normal color scheme when you tab out of the game?

Does the same thing happen if you run it in windowed mode?

PS: You posted this in the right section, since the modding section is for those wanting to make their own mods using the engine SOMA runs on Tongue

09-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Find
thevintageone Offline

Threads: 0
It does if I click elsewhere and once the cursor is clicked within the game it snaps back to the yellowish profile everywhere (i.e. all desktops). Windowed and borderless mode deem pretty much the same results.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2017, 01:17 PM by thevintageone.)
09-13-2017, 01:17 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Do you have any software installed that ties in with gamma on your screen? Like, for example f.lux ? Maybe you can try shutting down as many programs as you can think of and see if it still acts the same.

09-13-2017, 03:24 PM
Find
thevintageone Offline

Threads: 0
Nope, just standard macOS features.
Tried that, no avail. I've also tried calibrating the display, but no matter what I do, game will still load different colour profile, calibration changes nothing. That's why I prefer to address the problem directly. I browsed game's .cfg files, but I'm not sure what I should edit. I need a way to either stop the game from loading another colour profile or swap the colour profile game loads upon the start-up.
09-13-2017, 04:31 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

I'm not sure I have any answers then. My Mac is not able to run SOMA properly, but from experience I've only noticed the gamma / brightness of the screen increase as I run those games, but never the color profile. This is also the first I've heard of it, so perhaps it's an isolated case.

If you do happen to find out the cause and perhaps solution, any information would be great.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2017, 11:34 PM by Mudbill.)
09-14-2017, 11:33 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.