Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.6 Average
Amnesia: TDD Improvement mod.
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
Amnesia: TDD Improvement mod.

I'm making a small mod that eventually focuses on making the game style (W/o affecting any of the mod's contents, except a part of the config files.) I just edit a few of the files to make it a little challenging. I made considerable progress. IF anyone wants to test it out, then I'll upload it, but it is still WIP, and i have personal issues that prevent my work to be done. But i almost finished with it.
I'll post the changes this mod will do later. Be patient... and expect news...

Correction: At the point (W/o affecting any of the mod's contents, except a part of the config files) Instead of "Mod's Contents" i meant "Game's Contents"

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2010, 08:45 PM by Robby.)
11-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Website Find
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Amnesia: TDD Improvement mod.

Sounds.. interesting. *awaits the post update*

Although you'll have to do a hell of a job to improve the Amnesia gameplay some more. Smile
11-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Well, things will take long, and I mean changing the gameplay elements a bit. Like how big the health regeneration limit is, for example, and how much the oil lamp will last. Just small editing, but will try to make different things. Expect a changes log soon.
I'm making small editions of the .cfg files to make the game elements swap a bit. The normal way Amnesia was built at made it's style go off a bit. And I'm making it balance with my skills.
To be clear, the oil lamp, for example, sometimes burns away fast. I decided to make the oil lamp last longer a bit, so that you can explore more stuff without loosing your light. Also, the sanity will be tweaked in different ways too.
Note: I'm not so good with Gameplay editing, im just editing the cfg files in the config folder just to make it feel different. The changes log will tell more. Will post it in like 5 mins.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2010, 07:38 PM by Robby.)
11-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

OK, after some work, here is most of the change log:
-Increased Oil Lamp Capacity (Oil burns away slower)
-Time Spent on Darkness is smaller (Sanity Drains faster in Darkness)
-Changed some speeds that occur when you fall to make it look realistic
-Looking at enemies drains sanity faster.
-A random ability which occurs randomly, and it raises your sanity to 80 points (Green). If it happens, be happy, because it may not always happen
-Movement speeds improved
-Health regeneration limit significantly raised (More of your health replenishes on it's own, like 76 points. Normal point level was 52.)
-When you die, the screen takes longer to fade away like 7 seconds. (Better lookings mean better things)
-When your sanity reaches critical (When you crumble to the floor) you will stay longer on the floor, posing a greater challenge.
-In normal points, your sanity reaches "Head is Pounding and Hands are Shaking" after you get up. Instead, I made it stay at "..." (normal point level 42%, changed level 22%)
-And probably some more.

Install notes: Put the .cfg file into Amnesia/redist/config. Be sure to backup your game.cfg file before installing.
Here is the .cfg file. Be sure to follow installation directions in order to use this mod finely. Enjoy, and comment.

Future Release: SImilar to this one, but with the mod named as "Hacker's Delight" I'll tell you more about it on November 13th.

BEWARE! These two attachments are the wrong versions. I made a fixed version in the next post!
Sorry, things went messed up here!

EDIT: This gone bad. Download the third file instead of the first or the second. Something messed this up.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2010, 09:16 PM by Robby.)
11-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Also, the Future release is delayed for some problems. If you meet any bugs, send them in.

11-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Website Find
house Offline

Threads: 11

I got the third one like you said, I'm going to see how it does now.
11-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Also, If you want more releases, I'll talk about it. I'm slowly making a Future Release.

Release date is currently unknown.

11-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Website Find
house Offline

Threads: 11

Ya, I'd like more releases. Although, he he, I never even found out the differences for the game when I got this improvement mod. But this is still good. Also, why I havn't found out the differences is because I've been playing custom stories instead. he he.
11-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Ok, there is a new version known as "Hacker's Delight". It makes the game too easy. Unlimited oil, fast health regeneration, perfect sanity almost the whole time, fast sanity regeneration... almost everything a hacker wants.

Release date is unknown. Will put it in an archive named "Hacker's Delight". So that you won't get confused.
Ok, saved myself some time, and managed to finish editing, now play testing it. It sure would be good.
Also, got myself 5 days free from house work now.

Release date could be either today or tomorrow. Play testing makes my time go to a waste, but I'll make it.
Here are the changes the "Hacker's Delight" mod ought to do:

-Fast Health Regeneration.
-Fast Sanity Regeneration.
-Almost Instantaneous Wake-up from Critical Sanity (2 sec.).
-Two new enemies your sanity fears: Enemies (Slow Sanity Drain) and Darkness (Fast Sanity Drain)
-You loose sanity faster in the darkness, and not even the sanity's regeneration speed can protect you. Enemies make your sanity drain, but slower. This ought to be a challenge.
-Health Limit is eventually yellow this time. Health recharges a little slower than your sanity, but still, faster.
-A Greater Enemy: The Slime (Causes Extreme Damage. IF your health is green, then your health could turn orange or red at this time.) This is a great challenge.
Out of mod:
Release date: Today.
Play Testing revealed a bug. The Greater Enemy: The Slime, doesn't cause the damage I waited for, it just causes the same damage, like 7 points, instead of, uh... I don't know. Like at least 50 points.
Other than that, it exceeds my expectations, just a little more editing, because a few things are amiss, and it will be released.
New change:
-Health Regeneration has a Limit. i'll put it more simply here:
-Green (All is Good) No regeneration. Only reached with Laudanum.
-Yellow (Few cuts and bruises) No regeneration. However, if your health is orange, it will regenerate back to this level, but if you loose 1 point of your health, then your health will turn orange once more.
-Orange (A wound is bleeding quite badly) Health Regeneration starts as soon as this level for your health is reached. Goes until yellow, but a slight damage drops it back to this level.
-Red (Barely conscious) Health Regeneration also occurs from here. It still goes back to yellow. Enemies still can kill you. But if you hide long enough, you might escape.

EDIT: Play testing revealed another bug. The Darkness doesn't drain your sanity, but still, things are good. I'll post the mod up in the way it is.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2010, 06:40 PM by Robby.)
11-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Here it is.

11-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Website Find