Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FATAL ERROR at the start of launch
KamWhaBam
Unregistered

Solved: 6 Years, 4 Months, 4 Weeks ago FATAL ERROR at the start of launch
So the problem here is that I wanted to clean up my game so I uninstalled then reinstalled the whole game on file, (I Use the redist/ folder version), and I came back after encountering multiple problems like missing dll's, audio problems, graphic card problems, and computer repairing: And what I see when I immediately start up my game; FATAL ERROR: Cannot load vertex buffer from mesh 'Core box.dae'. I have looked up multiple articles for solving this, however my specs and computer does not match up to theirs. I have litteraly been dealing with this on my own for 1 month now. Am I missing files?

Computer props - Windows 7, NVIDIA GEFORCE 250, and Amnesia type: Redist.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 1.98 KB / Downloads: 150)
10-26-2017, 12:53 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 6 Years, 4 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: FATAL ERROR at the start of launch
Looks like a bad installation or re-installation. The things you have mentioned that are missing should be in the /core/ folder in the redist directory.

Where did you get your retail copy from? Did you install your original retail edition, and then update using the Software Updates page?

Try uninstalling your copy of Amnesia, and then delete any excess files which are leftover, if any, in the redist folder. By default, that is C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/ then install your retail copy, then update using the Software Updates link above.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
10-26-2017, 08:52 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
The vertex buffer issue I believe is caused by poor/broken OpenGL support. If it worked previous on your rig, I suspect a driver update for your GPU will fix it. I think I've encountered this myself on Mac OS once in the early days of Mavericks, and it had something to do with Apple's included drivers IIRC.

10-26-2017, 03:57 PM
Find
KamWhaBam
Unregistered

(10-26-2017, 08:52 AM)Romulator Wrote: Looks like a bad installation or re-installation. The things you have mentioned that are missing should be in the /core/ folder in the redist directory.

Where did you get your retail copy from? Did you install your original retail edition, and then update using the Software Updates page?

Try uninstalling your copy of Amnesia, and then delete any excess files which are leftover, if any, in the redist folder. By default, that is C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/ then install your retail copy, then update using the Software Updates link above.

Oh my word, I just uninstalled then reinstalled my game; and it turns out that after I reinstalled the dlls, sound devices, config files, and registries; my computer is too screwed up and old to fix. All in all I know that OpenAl won't work on my computer because you know, apparently windows 7 is out of date.

Ill just go ahead and buy Amnesia again on my other computer, I guess this was technically solved as I now know that I should put this hunk of junk to other use.

(10-26-2017, 03:57 PM)Mudbill Wrote: The vertex buffer issue I believe is caused by poor/broken OpenGL support. If it worked previous on your rig, I suspect a driver update for your GPU will fix it. I think I've encountered this myself on Mac OS once in the early days of Mavericks, and it had something to do with Apple's included drivers IIRC.

Well as I did figure out by hard stone to the head, that my wrecked up windows 7 computer no longer supports Open Al, hah. Besides, retailed games seem harder to fix especially when your computer seems to trip up.

So, after reinstalling, downloading configs and open AL: None of it worked. My Computer got a Blue screen. Im gonna spare this hunk of junk the pain.

Thanks for your guys' help anyway ;(.
10-27-2017, 01:04 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.