Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost my save file
barbarne
Unregistered

Not Solved Lost my save file
Hello, my SOMA client on Steam just updated and now my save file is lost I assume, since I can only choose to start a new game. Continue is not available.

I was about half way through the game I believe and it's really infuriating to lose all your progress like this. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks
04-11-2017, 02:57 PM
jedmmc
Unregistered

Not Solved RE: Lost my save file
(04-11-2017, 02:57 PM)barbarne Wrote: Hello, my SOMA client on Steam just updated and now my save file is lost I assume, since I can only choose to start a new game. Continue is not available.

I was about half way through the game I believe and it's really infuriating to lose all your progress like this. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

I'n having the same problem. After an update, my save game was lost. I don't have the option to Continue, only start a New Game.

Please fix or tell me how to fix --otherwise I will need to request a refund.
04-12-2017, 12:08 AM
zombawinkler
Unregistered

Same here. 9 hours of play. About to go down for that ARK. Well, not anymore... Game was so good, but now with saves gone I won't be able to play it to the end Sad What a bummer
12-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
(12-02-2017, 09:45 AM)zombawinkler Wrote: Same here. 9 hours of play. About to go down for that ARK. Well, not anymore... Game was so good, but now with saves gone I won't be able to play it to the end Sad What a bummer

Are you using the Steam Client? If you have enabled Cloud Saving, then your saves may be located in the following directory (if on a Windows system, though the "userdata" section should be the same across all Operating Systems)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<ID>\282140\remote\

If this is the case, you may want to manually try transferring them to SOMA's local save directory, which will be one of the following depending on your OS.

Vista, 7 & 8.x: Documents\My Games\SOMA\<steam_username>/
Linux: ~/.local/share/frictionalgames/SOMA/<steam_username>/
Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/SOMA/<steam_username>/

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-02-2017, 12:41 PM
Find
zombawinkler
Unregistered

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Romulator! Here's what I did.

In Steam folder (\userdata\<ID>\282140\remote\) there were no save files, but only my (username)uderkeys.cfg file. I found a file with the same name in /Frictional Games/SOMA/Main/ folder, replaced it with cfg file from Steam hoping it carries saves as well, but it changed nothing. BUT! In Soma /Frictional Games/SOMA/Main/ there were two other folders. My username folder (empty one) and Default folder (with all my saves). So I just copied them from Default to my Username folder, all within /Frictional Games/SOMA/Main/ directory, and it solved the problem. Thanks!
12-03-2017, 11:33 AM
prettybadkisser
Unregistered

This has happened to me as well. It seems that it happened right after the safe mode update. There actually don't seem to be any save files on my hard drive (OS X). It's pretty infuriating considering I was nearly finished with the game.
12-04-2017, 12:12 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
(12-03-2017, 11:33 AM)zombawinkler Wrote: Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Romulator! Here's what I did.

In Steam folder (\userdata\<ID>\282140\remote\) there were no save files, but only my (username)uderkeys.cfg file. I found a file with the same name in /Frictional Games/SOMA/Main/ folder, replaced it with cfg file from Steam hoping it carries saves as well, but it changed nothing. BUT! In Soma /Frictional Games/SOMA/Main/ there were two other folders. My username folder (empty one) and Default folder (with all my saves). So I just copied them from Default to my Username folder, all within /Frictional Games/SOMA/Main/ directory, and it solved the problem. Thanks!

Glad to hear you got it fixed! The user_keys.cfg file you copied over is the keybindings, so if you changed any, then you may need to reconfirm they are the same Smile

(12-04-2017, 12:12 AM)prettybadkisser Wrote: This has happened to me as well. It seems that it happened right after the safe mode update. There actually don't seem to be any save files on my hard drive (OS X). It's pretty infuriating considering I was nearly finished with the game.

If you would like to try what I mentioned above, and also check to see whether you had save files elsewhere, on a Mac, the Steam Cloud Save directory should be similar;

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/<ID>/282140/remote/

You'll know if they are save files since their name should start with Autosave. If they are there, you may need to copy them over to the local save folder, which should be located at

~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/SOMA/Main/<steam_user>_<id>/

Also, in case you are unaware, I am told that the ~/Library directory is hidden by default on a Mac. As such, I recommend using Finder to get to the ~/Library directory at least, and then going from there!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 02:08 AM by Romulator.)
12-04-2017, 01:57 AM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.