Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stop zombies sprinting?
morgoe Offline

Threads: 2
Stop zombies sprinting?

I'm making a survival map, in which there are like 4 or 5 zombies, but the number of zombies chasing you depends on your sanity. So to survive you have to stay in the light, or else more zombies will come after you. But of course, if you're in the light, you're very vulnerable.

Anyway, I don't want the zombies to sprint after you, because then it's just way too hard. Is there a way to restrict it to just their walking or jogging speed?
11-11-2010, 05:10 AM
Find
Chilton Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Stop zombies sprinting?

Not that i know of, however, you may be able to do something creative with draggable boxes and the like so the player can create obstacles - Placing a stack of boxes in front of a door for example, wont stop them, but theyll slow down to push through it.
Of course, make sure the player cant make any permenant barriers, just things to slow them down. They will go around movable boxes for example, but cant go through them.
11-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Find
Everlone Offline

Threads: 11

You can change the speed of zombies in the model editor, and i think if ypu clear the running script then they never run.
If you doesnt know, i send you later a tutorial. Now iam at work.

[Image: 555233.jpg]
11-11-2010, 06:33 AM
Find
morgoe Offline

Threads: 2

(11-11-2010, 06:33 AM)Everlone Wrote: You can change the speed of zombies in the model editor, and i think if ypu clear the running script then they never run.
If you doesnt know, i send you later a tutorial. Now iam at work.

Thanks! I tried this and I kept getting an error (something about blank fields or missing attributes). A tutorial would be much appreciated.
11-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Find
Everlone Offline

Threads: 11

it was a little bit complicated but i finished it Smile here is your slow zombie
http://www.mediafire.com/?tnk92c3xva3oudj

[Image: 555233.jpg]
11-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Find